Rj Wilson transferring from Graham to Bluefield

Graham32

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the guy who dunked on Bluefield in the first game of the year?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

I highly doubt that he will be able to play this year. He should be eligible next season though.

From what I have seen of Wilson he is a solid player. Not exactly a scorer but the type who hustles, rebounds, etc. He would help Bluefield in depth. He is younger, is he a sophomore?

he is very close friends with bluefield players. if i remember correctly he sat with some of the players at the last bluefield/graham basketball game. he played ball all summer with some of the bluefield players and is very comfortable with them on the court. if he does get the opportunity to play once he transfers i could see him getting some time this season.

Is there some kind of rule that would allow him to transfer schools and start playing in the middle of the season? That seems too easy for the WV$$AC to not have a rule against that type of scenario...

there is a rule. i believe it states that if you transfer in the mid of the year, not at the turn of a semester, you have to wait a full year before becoming eligible to play. bluefield starts its new semester on the 18th so if he were to come in on that date he should be good to go.

Hmm... interesting point. I would still wager that he has to get the number of required practices in too which is 14, I believe. If that is the case then he could definitely help Bluefield down low when it comes sectional and regional time.

yeah getting practices in would be the only thing to hinder him. attending games with the team is considered a practice so with practicing 4-5 days a week and then 1-3 games a week, he could be in the game plan in no time.

[ QUOTE ]

Would a game count as a pratice? it sounds like it makes no sense....But seriously...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it does. I have no real concrete information to back this up, other than the fact that I vaguely remember it happening to some people that played on the soccer team when I was there, and I don't think Coach Goforth would count attending games as practices.

I know that Bluefield_Rules and/or Beavertail usually know answers to these types of questions, so maybe they can be of assistance...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Would a game count as a pratice? it sounds like it makes no sense....But seriously...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it does. I have no real concrete information to back this up, other than the fact that I vaguely remember it happening to some people that played on the soccer team when I was there, and I don't think Coach Goforth would count attending games as practices.

I know that Bluefield_Rules and/or Beavertail usually know answers to these types of questions, so maybe they can be of assistance...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't believe that games count as one of the required 14 practices...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a game DOES NOT count as a practice, i am concrete on this. 2-a-days only count as one practice as well if we are thinking of ways to get him more time.

however, i question whether a shoot around in the morning before the game would be considered one...