More WVU fun...lol

Lance

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

technically the ACC has 4, miami 3 FSU 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you going to count those towards the ACC when Miami was in the Big East conference at the time of winning them?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

but how could you count them towards the big east, they are not a member of the conference now??? it can be looked at either way honestly...

[ QUOTE ]

This conversation would be relevant if you were rubbing a national title in my face. Unfortunately the mighty Pittsburgh Panthers picked up their fifth win of the season. Go crawl back in your hole!

[/ QUOTE ]

U should forget about Pitt like wvu did, i would think about bowl games how did ur team do ? . . WVU beat the number 1 team in the big 12 by 20 points to get there 2nd bcs win in three years and 3 straight Jan bowl game. I'm just glad im not a tech fan and losing to the #3 team in the big 12 lol man are they ever going to win a bcs game . . . I could go on like tech fans on this site and talk crap about wvu to cover for my team losing but i wont lol

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

but how could you count them towards the big east, they are not a member of the conference now??? it can be looked at either way honestly...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that they count towards the Big East. To be honest I dont give a damn. The only team I care about is the West by God Virginia Mountaineers. 2008 Fiesta Bowl Champs!

they won those BCS games in the Big East, so those games count towards Big East credit, not towards ACC. thats the way it is. Everyone is well aware that Miami is now in the ACC, but their BCS wins came while in the Big East, so those wins still go towards that conference, not the ACC.

[ QUOTE ]

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=280030259

Hey it's gotta suck to have your most famous player to be in jail in the state that just stuck it to the chokies in Blacksburg. Also that was their 1st BCS win. That has got to feel great. I could talk about the idotic tech fans around here.......but you know.....I'm happy beating Oklahoma.....winning a BCS game.....again. I'll leave all that whining to you ladies who need something to cry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruce Smith is VT's most famous player...

[ QUOTE ]

Hey it's gotta suck to have your most famous player to be in jail in the state that just stuck it to the chokies in Blacksburg. Also that was their 1st BCS win. That has got to feel great. I could talk about the idotic tech fans around here.......but you know.....I'm happy beating Oklahoma.....winning a BCS game.....again. I'll leave all that whining to you ladies who need something to cry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a reason you try to stir up so much sh$%, Schmitt??

Gman is correct, Bruce is the most famous player to come through Virginia Tech football program, historically.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before the incident, I might agree with the two posts before me. Very debatable, even if you adhere rigidly to the definition of "player".

Now, if you're not, of course that statement is NOT true.

I haven't seen Bruce Smith's face plastered all over NBC/ABC/CBS/CNN/etc. lately. Yes, Bruce Smith is the NFL's all-time sack leader (though he had to play on fumes for a few years to break the late, great Reggie White's mark), but you go up to a random person, ask them who Mike Vick is, and your response will likely be: "The dogfighter? Man, he's pathetic". You won't get the same level of recognition for Bruce Smith, especially among women (more than half the population, I might add). Guaranteed.

Not only is it almost irrefutable that Mike Vick is the most famous alumnus of Frank Beamer's football academy, but it is very likely (with all his media exposure) that Vick is the most famous person to have attended Virginia Tech. That's debatable, but the first is a no-brainer.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's BS...everyone knows it's Luke Owens from Grundy.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before the incident, I might agree with the two posts before me. Very debatable, even if you adhere rigidly to the definition of "player".

Now, if you're not, of course that statement is NOT true.

I haven't seen Bruce Smith's face plastered all over NBC/ABC/CBS/CNN/etc. lately. Yes, Bruce Smith is the NFL's all-time sack leader (though he had to play on fumes for a few years to break the late, great Reggie White's mark), but you go up to a random person, ask them who Mike Vick is, and your response will likely be: "The dogfighter? Man, he's pathetic". You won't get the same level of recognition for Bruce Smith, especially among women (more than half the population, I might add). Guaranteed.

Not only is it almost irrefutable that Mike Vick is the most famous alumnus of Frank Beamer's football academy, but it is very likely (with all his media exposure) that Vick is the most famous person to have attended Virginia Tech. That's debatable, but the first is a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

famous - having a widespread rep, usually, of a favorable nature; well known for good or worthy reasons...SMITH

visibility - degree of exposure to public notice...VICK

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's BS...everyone knows it's Luke Owens from Grundy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...my bad...LOL!

[ QUOTE ]

This conversation would be relevant if you were rubbing a national title in my face. Unfortunately the mighty Pittsburgh Panthers picked up their fifth win of the season. Go crawl back in your hole!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahaha. What a douche...

Unfortunetly, WVU had to play the best team in the Big 12, Oklahoma and beat them soundly. While you played the what?, 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big 12 and got beat

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty crappy arguement. Bowl games count. I could bring up the fact that if VT could have beaten BC at home after leading the whole game, then they would have been at least number 2 and playing for the NC......but they choked at home as we did. I don't deny it. We just got over and got prepared and beat the "best" team in the nation. Who did tech beat?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well..........I'd have to agree, because Vick's popularity has went to the crapper! To today's average football fanbase......Vick is the name they know more often.....so if popularity of fame comes up.....most know the name of Vick......Smith doesn't or didn't have shoes named after him or a dog's chew toy for that matter. But anyway....it's good to be a Mountaineer!