Ansel Ponder Scholarship

Bogeavers

Ansel Ponder had a Full Ride Football Scholarship at Carolina Costal University at wide receiver position loced up. I was with Pete Sarver and Coach Simon when they pulled Judy Black to the side forming a group of 4 that she had neglected to return contact with Carolina Costal and WENT 10 DAYS PAST ANSEL'S DEADLINE Date. HE LOST THE SCHOLARSHIP. I've known this for a month, they only told Ansel this week.

I heard that from a very, very credible source on Bluefield High School's faculty. This has pushed me beyond the point of being mad. She may have ruined Ansel's future with doing this and something needs to be done. I think we need to talk to the school board about this because it is rediculous. Last year a friend of mine lost a $10,000 scholarship because she lost his paperwork. I am willing to either write the school board, or go to one of their meetings. Anyone with me?

I still think Ansel should go to Hargrave for a year and get exposed nationally then pick a school after that. But if what you are saying is true then i back you. That is not right for one person to have worked so hard like Ansel then someone make an idiot move and screw it up for him. And if i were the person that lost the $10,000 scholarship i would make a fight until she paid the money. This is really pissing me off and i would like to see some kind of action taken. I really think you should send the board a letter.

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel Ponder had a Full Ride Football Scholarship at Carolina Costal University at wide receiver position loced up. I was with Pete Sarver and Coach Simon when they pulled Judy Black to the side forming a group of 4 that she had neglected to return contact with Carolina Costal and WENT 10 DAYS PAST ANSEL'S DEADLINE Date. HE LOST THE SCHOLARSHIP. I've known this for a month, they only told Ansel this week.

I heard that from a very, very credible source on Bluefield High School's faculty. This has pushed me beyond the point of being mad. She may have ruined Ansel's future with doing this and something needs to be done. I think we need to talk to the school board about this because it is rediculous. Last year a friend of mine lost a $10,000 scholarship because she lost his paperwork. I am willing to either write the school board, or go to one of their meetings. Anyone with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

You better get your facts right before you go chopping off heads...

I know of the situation and last year and how Dr. Black completely screwed that kid over and I wouldnt be surprised if this happened again. If this done happen to be true, I'll feel very bad for Ansel, but will back him anytime in a fight against that administrator.

[ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, shouldn't ansel be getting these offers at home too?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was kinda my point as well...don't start chopping heads until you have ALL the facts...

well like I said, I know the facts of what happened last year and it wouldnt surprise me if she has done it again. She should have been fired last year and wasnt, so maybe if this does turn to be true, which once again wouldnt surprise me if it does, she should definitely be fired.

[ QUOTE ]

Why is the assistant principal in charge of contacting schools about athletic scholarships? Shouldn't it be the guidance councelor's or the coach's job?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience, Coach Simon does the very least possible in order to help his players go to the next level including not returning phone calls from college coaches, not sending game film when requested, and withholding letters of interest from players. It happened to quite a few people that I knew.

I've heard on many occasions that the coach is close to useless when it comes to helping kids get to the next level. If she as a person of education has the knowledge or ability to help a kid go to college for athletics or not......she should.

Fritz has been putting together highlight tapes for the players that want them to send off. And they have been talking to different coaches for the players. Coach Simon might have withheld information in the past but i have only seen him help players any way he can.

I have just received word that Dr. Black didn't keep the info from Ansel, but when Ansel gave the paperwork back to be sent back in (which you must do to be eligible), she forgot to send it back in. That is just plain garbage.