Thomas at PH last night

robtom

Thomas would be a nut to take that job until Ph gets rid of some of the powers to be. By the way Thomas may be crazy but he is not stupid . He is a big wig in the Wythe Co central office . Why come to washed up county as a football coach unless they pay the fb coaches as much as they pay the over priced sec at AHS that only has a 2 year degree. Someone needs to look into that .

I'm almost Positive he did because he won the district a couple of times, he tri-championed one year and won it out right the next. He had some men when he was there, Boswell, Eskridge, Lee (I think was the ends name), Turner, Pennington, Henderson, Hockett, etc etc. He had some big physical teams.

Probably need Freddie Phillips as well. Rumor has it one cold night back in the early 90's at Lebanon ol Fab Five Freddie was serving as the "get back" coach on the RHS sidelines. RHS had too many men on punt return team, got flagged and the Pioneers proceeded to score on the next play after the penalty. Vaught got so mad at Henderson, he made Freddie march down the sideline and fire Henderson Johnny on the spot. (as the story goes)

The only thing he ever won at was when he beat me at the Washington County Fair Pie Eaten contest back in 1993. I swear that boy must have a hollar leg the way he was shovin that apple and persimmon pie down his gullet.

[ QUOTE ]

We would really love to have him at PH. I personaly saw him at the BB game. Everyone tells me he was a good coach, but very mean. I don't want my son playing for a mean coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you pilgrims ain't talking about Fatboy being mean. Fatboy is one big heavenly body.

[ QUOTE ]

I heard Ritchie did not even interview for the position. Is he supporting Compton? Also, I heard he doesn't want anyone to beat his coaching record.

[/ QUOTE ]ritchie would not care who beat his record he is an ph boy who whant ph to win every year all the time he is a good guy.