MCBOE

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

The mercer county board of education has just granted 300,000 dollars to Princeton High school for BLEACHERS. Yes, thats right folks they want new bleachers. Instead of the immobile ones they have now, they want retractable ones, so of course they get the money.

However, meanwhile in the county, Bluefield can't get a baseball field to practice on or play for that matter, nor a gym that is regulation 94 feet or doesnt have water damage.

I know montcalm has various needs im sure, hopefully the_truth will fill us in on what he needs. I know they play baseball on coopers field, which is in not the greatest condition.

Not to mention, and the greatest one of all, Pikeview just recieved over $100,000 dollars of weight equipment from a Fitness Center that is closing down. Dr. Branson paid about 25,000 for the equipment, and gave it to PV. So why not give the money to PV for a shell building or another type of training facility? Right now the equipment is sitting on the gym floor, not really in use at all. They worked out in uhaul trucks for awhile too...

simply amazing where our tax dollars go...

[ QUOTE ]

Are these bleachers for basketball or football? ... And yea we did break those bleachers... Dr. Acres asked me if i wanted to pay for the damages lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you ask her if the beautician paid for the damages to her hair? LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Are these bleachers for basketball or football? ... And yea we did break those bleachers... Dr. Acres asked me if i wanted to pay for the damages lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you ask her if the beautician paid for the damages to her hair? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasnt that Dr. Acres. It was her slave puppet that is the principal at Princeton, her husband, if you can even consider him the man of that family.

Not to mention that the MCBOE has approved Memorial Elementary in Bluefield to have the kids start school at 7:45 starting this Monday. What the hell sense does that make? It is not because of snow days, but the BOE says it for a new reading program they are installing. No other school is doing it in the county or the state that I know of so what the hell is an extra 15 min. going to do in March with 2-3 months left in the year? Seems to me it would be better suited to start at the begining of the next school year. Makes no sense to me.

this is pathetic. Bluefield is good at sports, Princeton isnt. Granted they are good at boys soccer and golf, but thats it. Why cant Bluefield, who is good at sports, mostly the majority funded ones in basketball and football, get funding for anything? We have a state championship caliber team year in and year out in basketball and yet we do not have our own gym to play in. We have a state championship caliber team every year in football and yet the school board cant fork over money for renovations our way and yet Princeton, who went 1-9 this year and havent done much better in recent past or ever for that matter, gets complete funding for a new field and now bleachers? I just dont understand the reasoning behind this. If anyone has been to Mitchell Stadium lately, they will agree that stands are what needs to be worked with next. They are horrible there. Do we get any funding for a stadium that is packed every single game of the year? no. This is horrible.

Well, this is another example of how smart our BOE is these days. Is it not just a freaking coincidence that Dr. Debra "The Man" Akers so-called "husband" Dr. "I am not a man" Akers is the principal at Princeton? I think not...

Princeton has no need for new bleachers. Yea, a few of them are broke, hell I broke them. But they do not need new bleachers more than Mitchell Stadium needs new locker rooms. Anyone that has been in there knows those things are a disgrace.

I also know that Montcalm needs money a hell of a lot more than Princeton. This is nothing against Montcalm, but they are the poorest school in Mercer County and there is nothing they can do about it. All they can do is ask, and their requests are just thrown to the wayside.

The Mercer County Board of Education is made of up nothing but politically correct attention whores. We need to get some people in there that know the actual situations around the county. Not just in this money thing, but everything in this county.

For some reason this just hit me...

A few years ago, the Princeton "student section" had shirts that said "Bluefield Sucks" and had a picture of Richard Cheney on them. Were they asked to not where those shirts? Hell no. But when the Bluefield Student Section chanted a cheer with the word "hell" in it we were asked to stop.

That brought back memories of JT Powell slamming Keith "Fat Boy" Taylor of the bleachers a few years ago. Hahaha. That was a great moment there...

Anyway...

This county is in a lot of trouble with the people we have in there now. Something needs to be done and it isn't going to be done by the people who have a say. Those people are the rich people who will give schools money for equipment and have the "untouchable" punk ass kids. We, the little men, need to step up to do something about all this bullshit.

[ QUOTE ]

Princeton has no need for new bleachers. Yea, a few of them are broke, hell I broke them. But they do not need new bleachers more than Mitchell Stadium needs new locker rooms. Anyone that has been in there knows those things are a disgrace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mitchell Stadium is owned by the City of Bluefield and has never received any "funding" from the MCBO...the City will have to pay for those upgrades...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mitchell Stadium is owned by the City of Bluefield and has never received any "funding" from the MCBO...the City will have to pay for those upgrades...

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. My mistake there, thank you for clearing it up. But yea, give it to Bluefield to have a baseball field to practice on. Our something more useful.

yes when those bleachers broke, I was grabbed down by a cop and told that I would be asked to leave if I jumped again. Which brings me to my other point of that whenever Bluefield plays at Princeton in basketball, all of the cops are over on the Bluefield side. Like nothing bad will ever, ever happen on the Princeton side because they are god's gift to the world. And Bogeavers is correct, last year Princetons student section wore shirts that said on the front "Bluefield Sucks" and on the back with a picture of [censored] Cheney said "[censored](in tiny letters) CHENEY(in visible letters)." Now, in that same game, Bluefield's student section was warned it would be punished for saying "hell" in a chant, as they said "hell yeah" and yet Princeton's had no punishment for wearing a completely obnoxious t-shirt.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway...

This county is in a lot of trouble with the people we have in there now. Something needs to be done and it isn't going to be done by the people who have a say. Those people are the rich people who will give schools money for equipment and have the "untouchable" punk ass kids. We, the little men, need to step up to do something about all this bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go as far as to say that the rich people are only donating to Princeton. The money is supposed to be spread equally, or at least semi-equally, but it is simple why it doesn't happen. The MCBOE and anyone who has anything to do with it, are simply crooks and are completely immoral.

There is a pizza party for everyone, but someone isn't sharing...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

from what i understand, you only have to be 18 to run for school board. When my district comes up, and i am looking closely for it, you can bet ill be running. I don't care what anyone says about my age, Ive been in the school systems, I know whats needed, and Im not afraid to hear out schools that need things. We need to turn this whole thing around, and give the kids in mercer county the best chance to succeed in school,sports, and in life. All of our students need the same oppurtunities as the next. I understand that its not gonna be easy. But what great in life really is? I will not back down from Dr. Akers, I will press what the people want, not just agree with whatever she says.

Im gonna go to Oakvale, Im gonna go to Montcalm, Im gonna go to Glenwood, Im gonna go to Lashmeet and Spanishburg, Im gonna visit all the high schools and find out what they need. I am gonna hear the people, and I am gonna change this county for the better, no matter how long it takes. I am the people's choice.

This county has some of the best students, athletes, and teachers in all of WV, and its about time this great state started paying attention. No one school deserves any favoritsm, no one school is better than another.We all must work together and spread the wealth for us to succeed as a county. After all we are all separated by a couple of miles. We have the potential in Mercer county to make this a great place for parents to send their kids to school and get a great education with all the tools they need at every school. We can succeed.

Dont worry about my knowledge, ive been in the school system for 13 years, with 2 parents in it for over 50.

Dont worry about my courage, I will stand for what the people want, not what the majority of the board, or the superintendant wants.

Dont worry about my age, for I AM A MAN. IM 18.

Honestly, I love this county and the people in it. I dont think there is a better county in WV. I want this county to succeed. There needs to be better technology, better fitnees plans (we are the 2nd obese state in the country), better facilities, better secondary activities, and most importantly, better leadership from the higher powers, especially the Board. And that is where I come in...

Beavertail for MCBOE 2008!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Princetons student section wore shirts that said on the front "Bluefield Sucks" and on the back with a picture of [censored] Cheney said "[censored](in tiny letters) CHENEY(in visible letters)."

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it backwards! It said "Bluefield Sucks" on the front of the shirt, and on the back it had in big obnoxious letters "DI-CK", and in smaller, almost invisible letters "Cheney for President"

Amen to that sir. It must feel real nice to the players when they get their pic on the wall for having a winning season. That must be soo embarassing when visiting fans come into your place. But, hey, [censored] happens.

[ QUOTE ]

Amen to that sir. It must feel real nice to the players when they get their pic on the wall for having a winning season. That must be soo embarassing when visiting fans come into your place. But, hey, [censored] happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

you said it perfect on another thread. Princeton hands pictures of teams that make it into the playoffs. Bluefield hangs pictures of teams that win state championships. At Princeton, its considered a great year to be .500. At Bluefield, its considered a failure to not win it all. They can have all the funding they want, we still win.

[ QUOTE ]

Let them have their money and their bleachers, we'll just keeping winning state titles.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can just go over and sit in their new bleachers while we watch Bluefield beat them...