Scrimmages

Graham didn't look to bad considering the limited amt of practice time they have had on the field. Their pitching was good and the bats didn't look to bad. I don't think Graham will be as bad as most people think.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think Graham will be as bad as most people think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you've been out of the area for a while so I'll fill you in on this.

Early in the season, against lesser competition, usually Class A schools that can barely put nine guys on the field, Graham ALWAYS looks good. They win a few games early on, get people thinking that this isn't going to be the "same ol' Graham", and then something happens...the District schedule begins. After that, reality sets in, they beat only Grundy, and end up in next to last place in the SWD with a losing record.

Give it a few weeks and remember this post...

G-Man....you're right I have been gone for a long time and I do remember that Tazewell always fielded a strong team. I don't know much about the other teams in the SWD so you may very well be right about Graham...but what is truely the difference between Graham and the other teams? Is it just that Graham doesn't have "baseball" talent, or is the coaching that much better at other schools? Just curious...guess I'll be finding out soon enough on my own though..lol. If Graham finishes higher than next to last will you buy me a cold one and a burger at Cotton's??

they won't finish last, we can all agree on that. Graham is good for atleast one district win, however it usually comes against tazewell in the coppinger, which of course doesn't count

[ QUOTE ]

If Graham finishes higher than next to last will you buy me a cold one and a burger at Cotton's??

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely!!! We'll have a big "celebration" if that happens...LOL...

narrows had about 11 or 12 ..and didn't look that bad...we hit their first pitcher pretty well...then they put in a lefty that we struggled against....our pitchers looked ok...but we did have some stupid errors....

graham had one tues night against bland...which ended in a tie 3-3 after 7.....graham did decent defensively but the bats were weak....bland had some good pitching and hitting