TV vs Nelson County

tvp

I saw where Nelson County defeated Chesterfield Community. So, TV will play them in the next round in Richmond. I don't know much about Nelson County, but everything I read is pretty positive. They have one loss on the year. I don't know much else about them. Any thoughts? TV's chances?

I saw them over the summer at the huge basketball event C'burg held back in July, I believe it was. Bluefield's AAU team, which featured only one player from Bluefield High, roughed them up pretty easily. Of course, I don't know if they had their full allotment of players. Obviously Bluefield didn't, as most of the players were from Mount View.

haha thanks dude... even tho we have some prior hostility from our previous arguments... but ive watched some game films of NC-and altavista and they look to be a one man team... if we can shut down thomas brown then we should have a pretty good shot... after all there only loss was to a zone defense from alta vista

When you get this far in tourney play I think we all know that nothing will come easy. Nelson County will be tough, but you never know. It's just one game. TV doesn't have to beat them a 100 times, just once! Maybe this time will be it (I hope it will be). Any team can be beat if the right strategy is employed. TV is a good defensive team, if they can score points they can win.

Just out of curiosity, who did you watch them play on game film?

Okay I am a realist, the people on Virginia Preps give the Panthers absolutely no chance at all, well they only watch Eastern teams play so I dont know, the panthers are a long shot but I have seen them at their best, and when they do play that way they can beat any single A team in the state D1 and D2, and I have also seen the Twin Valley team who only beats Council by 15 so it depends if these boys go out with the additude that they have lost or they know they can win. I will be there so good luck, Im pulling for David I think you all can bring down Goliath. Best of Luck and represent the BDD well. My predictions.....if Twin Valley Brings their A game..TV 47 and Nelson 41 playing TV ball..If not then Nelson 75 and TV 59 playing Nelson ball. Good luck panthers you are in my prayers.

There's no doubt that TV is a big time underdog. Nelson has only lost 1 game this year (they came close to losing in the first round of their district tourney) against good teams. They've won those games for a reason. But you're right, it depends on which TV teams shows up. TV is still a young team at most positions. The article in the Bristol paper after the win vs. EM painted a picture of the experience of TV. I don't know about that. The only guys who were on the '06 team are Garrett, Hunter, and Jory. (Garrett was the 6th man, Hunter rarely played, only when they were in foul trouble, same with Jory). The point is that this is all semi-new territory for four out of five Panthers. That explains, at least to a degree, their up and down play this year. They have to up for this team no doubt or it could get ugly!

I dont think it will get ugly one way or the other. But you are very right they are very young. The majority of the time they play 6 players and go 8 deep. And only 1 graduates this year and I think he starts for defensive purposes but is the 6th or 7th leading scorer. Of those 6, 3 sophs. 2 juniors and 1 senior. So they are very young. Look out for the panthers not only this year but next year as well. I just hope they dont take it out on my Tigers next year...lol. Good luck Panthers.

man these boys are so hungry you guys have no idea... i have classes with these all day and eat lunch w/ them and everything... they hardly even talk anymore and when asked why they simply say "just thinkin bout richmond..." there are so zoned out to everything else man its not even funny... they've even skipped outta classes to watch game films... its amazing at how concentrated they are... i think your gonna see the TV who could bust anyone in the state... i really do and thankx for your prayers richmondhunters...

and plus on the films i watched... brown was drivin to the whole ALOT... at least everyother possesion and if TV jumps into a 2-3 zone on him... doesnt have a prayer of gettin his points that way... he wont push throught smith and beefy that easily.. and if he does it will surprise me

if the refs blow the whistle on bump fouls.. TV could be in trouble!! You better not let him split your zone!! Maybe the first 2 or 3 fouls need to be very hard!! lol

But best of luck.. and a safe trip for all!! Bring back the gold guys!!

They were only down 42-40 with about a minute to play and had a chance to tie several times but kept turning the ball over. A tough way to lose one, but they've got nothing to hang their heads about, great season! (but their would be nothing wrong with kind of holding on to this one for about a year--just for motivation!)

coach moore needs to show them the tape of this game at least 1000 times and imprint this crap in the back of their minds... about half of those turnovers were justifiable steals... but the other halfs were retarded dropped passes or just missed dribbles... it was like watchin an abortion!!