2008 Grundy Track

poptop23

[ QUOTE ]

well I could bring 356 kids to each track meet but it doesn't mean they will be good. If Grundy has a good track program, they should be fine, no matter how many people another school brings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um no. For example if Marion brings 50 kids and 15 are running in the 100. While lets say Graham, Tazewell and Richlands have only one runner. It's possible that most of those kids from Marion can place in the 100 and earn points for the team. Since not only first place gets points.

However, if those 50 kids are not good enough to place and yet Graham, Tazewell, and Richlands each have 15 or so that are, numbers wont matter, even if Marion or anyone else has 5,000 kids running one race.

[ QUOTE ]

However, if those 50 kids are not good enough to place and yet Graham, Tazewell, and Richlands each have 15 or so that are, numbers wont matter, even if Marion or anyone else has 5,000 kids running one race.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in that case yes, but since the soutwest district does not excel in track. Richlands, Graham, and Tazwell have about 2 kids each that run each event. Unlike Abingdon and Marion.

just so you all know...it doesn't matter how many kids from one school run in each event! whether it is 1 or 50 only the top 3 can score! and i think grundy may surprise you all! they may not win but they have just as good of a chance as everyone else! and for grundy's distance girls...they will really surprise you all! they have two freshman that are just going to continue to get better!

Only the top three? No. It all depends on how many teams are at the meet. If their is 6 teams, the top 6 get points. Though I think the highest they go at any meet is top 8 places.

[ QUOTE ]

just so you all know...it doesn't matter how many kids from one school run in each event! whether it is 1 or 50 only the top 3 can score! and i think grundy may surprise you all! they may not win but they have just as good of a chance as everyone else! and for grundy's distance girls...they will really surprise you all! they have two freshman that are just going to continue to get better!

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm gonna have to agree on that one.

those freshman are pretty much beasts. lol.

i couldnt do it.

[ QUOTE ]

no...the top three from one team! you would think since you all know so much about track you all would know that! but hey...i'm here to correct you! haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I don't know what kind of track meets you've been to. But, you're wrong. Like I said the points all depend on how many teams are at a meet.

[ QUOTE ]

i was told they have some good distance girls. i dont know about the sprinters though; not heard much about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The girls are getting faster trying to run from Old Hairy

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i was told they have some good distance girls. i dont know about the sprinters though; not heard much about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The girls are getting faster trying to run from Old Hairy

[/ QUOTE ]

old hairy? lol.

OoOoOoOo!!! state twice big fricken deal. Matt Coble for carroll has been to state 1000000000000000 times ( im being sarcastic for those of you who dont kno )lol! i love post from people talking about 1 specific person being so great, but they cant win the distric championship with that one person, can they? Lets see . . . I DONT THINK SO!!

[ QUOTE ]

you all have seen nothing yet TAZEWELL has a great distant runner who has went to state twice and is just a sophomore so i wouldn't be talking so soon

[/ QUOTE ]

cavs2 is right matt coble is a great distance runner he runs the 2 mile in 10 minutes and something. (i swear he has a faster pace in the 2 mile than i have in the 200 lol) and the 1 mile in 4 something (i think 4:50's but i'm not sure)... but that guy from abingdon is even better he's ranked nationally in the 2 mile (i think he's number 2 idk) and so is matt coble, so whoever that kid from tazewell is i'd be expecting 3rd if your in any events there running in lol

thanks james.... i didnt run track this year, but i guess when there is a meet, i will read the paper and see that Griff for Abingdon 1st place, Coble for Carroll 2nd place and whoever the Tazewell guy is 3rd place. I didnt see any distance runners from Tazewell last year that were decent. Did he even run last year, or are you just tring to start crap by makin up a runner who probably would/will get lapped by Griff and Coble?