Abingdon vs Tazewell

Highlandsfan

they didn't look that impressive (besides Neil Henry) tazewells D looked good for the most part. Mistakes here and there but nothing major and taz's goalie got pretty hot headed and lost his cool. Great game for the most part... alot better than last years first game haha

Abingdon has already tied Cave Springs and beaten Salam and Martinsville defeated Hidden Valley while Carroll County defeated Christiansburg i believe. I would say that would seem to dispell the myth about teams here having no chance. The river ridge is very beatable this year with the exception of Blacksburg.

[ QUOTE ]

they didn't look that impressive (besides Neil Henry) tazewells D looked good for the most part. Mistakes here and there but nothing major and taz's goalie got pretty hot headed and lost his cool. Great game for the most part... alot better than last years first game haha

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah alot better than 9-2. Very interesting game from start to finish. Calls didn't really go both ways except the obviouse yellow card but taz defensively really did well.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah alot better than 9-2. Very interesting game from start to finish. Calls didn't really go both ways except the obviouse yellow card but taz defensively really did well.

[/ QUOTE ]

the yellow was funny though but if someone slid cleats up into my face, I'd do the same thing

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the yellow was funny though but if someone slid cleats up into my face, I'd do the same thing

[/ QUOTE ]

the keeper should have gotten a red. no doubt about that

you cant say that if someone took that cheapshot on you that you wouldn't have retaliated. Abingdon was up big but still was trying to get more so poskas came out to slide into the ball and the guy came in cleats up and got poskas in the face. Poskas checked his mouth and was bleedin so he chucked the ball and it hit the guy in the face and the ref came over and carded poskas. In his defense though, they were killin him the entire game pratically.

thats called being a punk. ive been spiked in the eye (playing tazewell), taken a knee to the mouth that needed stitches, and all kinds of other crap--none of which got called--and never had to throw a ball at anyone. collisions happen, and so do injuries. deal with it.

if someone came into the keeper he shouldve been carded.. thats probably why tazewell's keeper only got a yellow because the ref thought he was covering up the first foul because if he wouldve gotten that one then the keeper wouldnt have had time to do the rest, if the ref was in position... or just gave him a yellow cause abingdon was killin them so bad haha my opinion..

[ QUOTE ]

thats called being a punk. ive been spiked in the eye (playing tazewell), taken a knee to the mouth that needed stitches, and all kinds of other crap--none of which got called--and never had to throw a ball at anyone. collisions happen, and so do injuries. deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the biggest smelling crap I've ever heard. Taz may have had dirty plays but we don't have dirty players. The only dirty play I can remember is Zack Cline spearin ben blair. Poskas took kidney punches, cleats up tackles and got kicked in the balls so hard one time that I didn't think he'd get up. He told the ref after every cheap play to watch for it and the ref let it slide every time. I guess the slide to the face just sent him overwards but I don't blame him. He's broken bones and got stitches as well but I think it was the lack of respect that upset him. He deserved a red but I would've done the same thing and you'd have to be a "punk" not to. my opinion

I was not there but I would not call someone a punk for not doing something. Everyone has their own breaking point. What Refs were at that game. I know it was not Jim because he was doing our game.

yeah that was a pretty damn dirty play...the only reason he got a yellow instead of a ref was because that the side ref...Ango...said that i had a cheap shot on cline...which was definitely not true unless getting all ball and then the person tripping over his own feet is dirty...i did not retaliatein any way shape or form mainly cause the refs went to each team and said that any form of dirty intentional play would be an automatic red...so much for Ango...

you need to get your facts straight man...i was playing clean honest soccer...i know how to hit people and make it clean..i got ball on every tackle but a few each and every game...there was NO excuse for that hit...

[ QUOTE ]

well you were all over him the entire game to. If the refs dont stop it then the players take it into their own hands and thats when the cards come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the refs responsibility to take "control" of the game and let it be known what will and will not be allowed. I've seen refs who let it get totally out of control and it's flat out dangerous for the kids to be on the field...I've also seen the other extreme, where the flow of the game is hindered by so many "touchy" calls...

Sounds like the ref sucked.