Abingdon vs John Battle

Highlandsfan

"Get blown out in the regionals every year"? I don't know if anyone has ever told you but Abingdon is the two time defending region IV champions and they only lost 1-0 to cave springs last year in state. Cave springs went on to become state runner-up. Abingdon has already, scrimmage or not, played tennessee high, cave springs and salam. Because john battle is in the same county and five minutes down the road they have to play each other.Abingdon dropped PH and kept Va high because they were a better match-up and a rival the rest of their games are all district. Besides, and i mean no disrespect at all, Graham did play Blacksburg last year and it has not made them an ounce better. You either have a good team or you don't. Feeder programs and off season work outs as well as travel teams all make your team better. By the time the season rolls around other than some minor adjustments your team only has so much potential regaurdless of who you play. I think it's time everyone in this area stop being afraid of everyone else in the state and start realizing that we can play soccer with all but a handfull of teams across the state. I am proud that soccer in this area has improved every year but i am amazed at how much we put ourselves down. Good luck to everyone.

[ QUOTE ]

"Get blown out in the regionals every year"? I don't know if anyone has ever told you but Abingdon is the two time defending region IV champions and they only lost 1-0 to cave springs last year in state. Cave springs went on to become state runner-up. Abingdon has already, scrimmage or not, played tennessee high, cave springs and salam. Because john battle is in the same county and five minutes down the road they have to play each other.Abingdon dropped PH and kept Va high because they were a better match-up and a rival the rest of their games are all district. Besides, and i mean no disrespect at all, Graham did play Blacksburg last year and it has not made them an ounce better. You either have a good team or you don't. Feeder programs and off season work outs as well as travel teams all make your team better. By the time the season rolls around other than some minor adjustments your team only has so much potential regaurdless of who you play. I think it's time everyone in this area stop being afraid of everyone else in the state and start realizing that we can play soccer with all but a handfull of teams across the state. I am proud that soccer in this area has improved every year but i am amazed at how much we put ourselves down. Good luck to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abingdon won't make it past the Regional Semifinals this year...

[ QUOTE ]

No offense and I agree, but it is kind of a given that Abingdon, Battle and Patrick Henry play each other in every sport if it is the least bit possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe I can look at it as Battle and PH playing a tough out of district schedule....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOOPS... I meant get blown out in the state "semis".since the region was so weak until this year...however this year...since the River Ridge is in Region IV...you will get blown out in the regionals...

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's time everyone in this area stop being afraid of everyone else in the state and start realizing that we can play soccer with all but a handfull of teams across the state. I am proud that soccer in this area has improved every year but i am amazed at how much we put ourselves down. Good luck to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ] Exactly.Every team gets scared of other teams all the time because of what they do and thats ridiculus. Yea Region 4 is going to be really difficult for teams in the swd but if you talk about Blacksburg or Cave Spring i dont care who they beat or what their ranked,im not intimidated by them in any way! We will play our hardest until the end.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's time everyone in this area stop being afraid of everyone else in the state and start realizing that we can play soccer with all but a handfull of teams across the state. I am proud that soccer in this area has improved every year but i am amazed at how much we put ourselves down. Good luck to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ] Exactly.Every team gets scared of other teams all the time because of what they do and thats ridiculus. Yea Region 4 is going to be really difficult for teams in the swd but if you talk about Blacksburg or Cave Spring i dont care who they beat or what their ranked,im not intimidated by them in any way! We will play our hardest until the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is alot more than just a handful in the state. SWD is most likely the weakest district in the state. Don't talk about Cave Spring this year as they look to be no better than 3rd or 4th in the River Ridge.

let me clarify.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't talk about Cave Spring this year as they look to be no better than 3rd or 4th in the River Ridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

and who in the rrd is going to beat them other than blaskburg?

[ QUOTE ]

let me clarify.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't talk about Cave Spring this year as they look to be no better than 3rd or 4th in the River Ridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

and who in the rrd is going to beat them other than blaskburg?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hidden Valley now that they have all their players back including Parker Walsh who is on the U18 National team.