Tazewell-Marion

TaX

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marion got ticked cause they couldnt put any runs across the board, and started playing dirty, well for the last out of the game, our second mike ascue, went to tag the guy running from first to second, well he lowered his shoulder and decked mike ascue, then still had the nerves to run in to tyler kitt(our short stop), tyler went back at em, then the benches cleared

yea no kiddin, really thought it was going to be a big brawl, i thought it was funny that this is the first year they are in our district, and we were their first district game, and we all already huge rivals with them.

This is a one sided story your tazwell parents started dogging marion as soon as they started playing. when you are treated with like that you know what kind of game you are in for.the boy did not lower his shoulder the taz.boy was in the base line. as for the other boy he done the pushing first after the collsion and i know i was sitting one first base line and seen it all, so if you are going to tell it tell it right.

[ QUOTE ]

marion got ticked cause they couldnt put any runs across the board, and started playing dirty, well for the last out of the game, our second mike ascue, went to tag the guy running from first to second, well he lowered his shoulder and decked mike ascue, then still had the nerves to run in to tyler kitt(our short stop), tyler went back at em, then the benches cleared

[/ QUOTE ]

Agressive play at 2nd base...2nd baseman from Tazewell got ticked... Both players are at fault here and bench players had no business coming to the field. I can assure you that the Marion kids will be running their butts off at practice today.

And yes...the kid from Marion is suspended from the next game.

There was a lot of "jawing" coming from the Tazewell fans, that's true and a lot of smack being talked by Tazewell players, but the kids have to learn to handle that a little better than they did. I'm just disappointed in how some of the adults acted over there.

the thing is, you play the game the way it is to be played. If you, as a player, have a problem with what someone in the stands is saying, take it up with them, not the other team. If youve got something wrong with someone on the other team, that is when it becomes part of whats happening on the field. Yes, baseball is a sport HUGE on respect and I see no other sport being so prevelent other than hockey. If you do something you shouldnt do, you will pay for it (baseball: throw at a guy, something else bush league; hockey: illegal check, high stick). Say I was pitching for Tazewell and after that kid lowered his shoulder into my secondbaseman and he wasnt ejected, you can bet that I would be throwing at his head next time he stepped to the plate. The same goes for anything bush league in the game of baseball. Ive been involved in a bench clearing situation before and it was in clear defense of my teammate, so I completely understand both of these teams clearing after players from both teams got into a fight. Its just part of the game.

i agree man, we cleared the benches for the respect of my teammate, they are all my brothers and you can bet im goin to stand up for them, yes there was probably some trash talking from the tazewell stands, but you cant tell me the marion parents weren't talkin crap back, i heard them too. but when we go to play marion at their place, its gonna be one heck of game.

I was the first one right in the middle of it all..Kid from Marion knew what he was doing..he did the same bush league stuff in basketball..Tazewell players are taught that their team is a family..Whether or not it was right..the players are gonna protect their teamates..as for the play, I could see maybe a little collision because mike was in the baseline..but he clearly dropped his shoulder..Got to 2nd base and ran his mouth and thats what provoked Kitts..Then thats when it got out of hand..

I can understand that you are blinded because you are from Tazewell. I finally heard the whole story. You cant complain if the boy from Tazewell was in the baseline. The boy from Marion shouldn`t have thrown the elbow or ran his mouth (if he did). The shortstop from Tazewell shouldn`t have pushed Tyler down by no means, jawing or not. I`m a Canes fan but I actually look at both sides of the game.

From what I heard, there was two out in the last inning with Marion losing 8-2. Whether he was in the baseline or not, there was no need to lower a shoulder on somebody. A good umpire would see the need to call obstruction in that case, and appropriately award the runner the base. Give your team a chance to continue playing.

you run through a player if he is in the baseline, not lower your shoulder and intend to hurt him. Ive ran through guys before and have hurt them pretty badly, but it wasnt intentional because the only thing I could do was try my hardest to reach the other base and he just so happened to be standing in the way. He did his job of locating the ball and trying to field it and I did mine of trying my hardest to get to the next base. If you, as a runner, lower your shoulder in that act, it is a dirty play. Simple as that.

[ QUOTE ]

This is a one sided story your tazwell parents started dogging marion as soon as they started playing. when you are treated with like that you know what kind of game you are in for.the boy did not lower his shoulder the taz.boy was in the base line. as for the other boy he done the pushing first after the collsion and i know i was sitting one first base line and seen it all, so if you are going to tell it tell it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

He definitely threw an elbow there is a picture on www.mlxtremephoto.biz you can make your own judgement

Nobody disrespects my family/team like that..you can bet i was pissed..Kid is just a dirty player..not only baseball..Like i said..I could have understood SOME contact..