Tazewell-Marion

TaX

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no but you stand up for your teammate...you are turning my words around...something like that does not and SHOULD NOT happen in baseball...basketball players know that will happen...you are just bitter cause your team got their butts kicked and one of your players got suspended...

My question is...What happened to the kid from Tazewell? was he disciplined for his actions? What about the ones who came on the field. I know for a fact that the Marion kids were disciplined...haven't heard anything from the Tazewell side. And, IF they weren't disciplined...that is definitely sending the WRONG message.

I completely see where the shortstop is coming from. You defend your teammates at all times, especially if its over some douchebag from another team who thinks he can make some bushleague play like it's nothing. You take action and stand up for your team.

There is absoluetly no arguing with me or tdogs9 at all on this subject..we both were standing on the field the whole time of the incident...and so u mean to tell me if when u were in high school this happened to one of your teamates you wouldnt have done anything? I think not.

[ QUOTE ]

There is absoluetly no arguing with me or tdogs9 at all on this subject..we both were standing on the field the whole time of the incident...and so u mean to tell me if when u were in high school this happened to one of your teamates you wouldnt have done anything? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don`t know, I can`t say if I would have or not. Reacting on it without thinking probably. All I am saying is was wrong. Both sides were wrong and that is it.

na i wasnt even there and i can tell you the reason all this happend is because tazwells 2nd basemen and shortstop dont shut there mouths ever and that 2nd basemen is like 4 ft tall and has no room to run his mouth

[ QUOTE ]

I`m not bitter about the loss, the better team won. We kicked your butt in football and that is all that matters to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

get your facts straight..im in college man...

running your mouth shouldnt result in something bush league like barrelling through a second baseman. If youve got a problem with someone running their mouth, saying something back to them or just take it out in the game with basehits, strikeouts, whatever.

[ QUOTE ]

get your facts straight..im in college man...

[/ QUOTE ]

10/19/07 Marion 49 Tazewell 28 fact straight

I never said you played, I was just stating they won in football, pay attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stranger, where did you find that Avatar? I like it....

[ QUOTE ]

Like nobody else ever runs their mouth during a game

[/ QUOTE ]

I started for three years at the high school level and never once "ran my mouth" to an opposing player. That's poor sportsmanship which, unfortunately, has become the norm with kids today because their college and professional "heros" are allowed to get away with it.

If I were a coach, the first time I heard any of my players speak one word of "smack talk" to the other team, their a$$ would be on the bench for a long time and the whole team would pay for it at practice...run 'til you puke boys...

talking smack is part of the game...it has been forever...no matter what you say....however i do agree with you if the players are using foul language...but if it is just talking smack like( your team stinks....your pitcher throws like a girl....im gonna strike you out) is just part of getting in the head of the other team...but if someone runs their mouth yelling f you f that...then baseball is a tough sport....and i have seen the picture to me it looks like the kid from marion is playing baseball..and trying to get to the base...and the kid from taz was in his way....the guy runs toward the tazewell guy..who gets nervous and doesnt move out of the way...if it were me running i would have ran a little to the side of him but if i hit him...i am hoping the ball falls out or the kid falls over....the ss should defend his team....however...if it had been the a gman who had went after the marion kid...even though we "suck" we would be still be running laps...so in conclusion...both teams acted like rednecks...thats all there is to it

[ QUOTE ]

talking smack is part of the game...it has been forever...no matter what you say....however i do agree with you if the players are using foul language...but if it is just talking smack like( your team stinks....your pitcher throws like a girl....im gonna strike you out) is just part of getting in the head of the other team...but if someone runs their mouth yelling f you f that...then baseball is a tough sport....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its part of the game and it certainly hasn't been "forever" as you say. Maybe in your short lifetime it always has been but that gets back to what I said about kids today and their so-called "heros".

Honestly, I don't ever remember anyone on any of the teams I played for or against "talking smack" to each other during the game. It just didn't happen back then. There was this thing called RESPECT. I don't think kids nowadays have any clue as to what it is but we did. We respected our coaches, our teachers, other players and their coaches. If we didn't, our coaches, teachers, and/or parents put us in our place...something that doesn't happen today.