2008 NHL Lord Stanley Cup Playoffs

bhs7695

i love it GMan...im also a Stars fan..been watching them since i can remember...grew up around the Dallas area so they have been the only team in the NHL i follow...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

i love it GMan...im also a Stars fan..been watching them since i can remember...grew up around the Dallas area so they have been the only team in the NHL i follow...

[/ QUOTE ]

But I liked them when they were the NORTH Stars...kinda hurt my feelings when they moved to Dallas since there isn't much about Texas that I like but I kept my loyalty with the "Stars"...

stars_jersey.JPG

I'm probably the only person in the Bluefield area with a Dallas Stars t-shirt...bet you don't have one...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But I liked them when they were the NORTH Stars...kinda hurt my feelings when they moved to Dallas since there isn't much about Texas that I like but I kept my loyalty with the "Stars"...

I'm probably the only person in the Bluefield area with a Dallas Stars t-shirt...bet you don't have one...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lemieux had the sickest goal I've ever seen against the North Stars in the Stanley Cup finals in '91.

See goal ranked # 1 of his ten best in this video:

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lemieux had the sickest goal I've ever seen against the North Stars in the Stanley Cup finals in '91.

[/ QUOTE ]

He made Hall of Fame Defenseman Ray Bourque look bad on the #3 best goal...put the puck in his skates, turned him around, then went top shelf on the goalie...OUCH!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He made Hall of Fame Defenseman Ray Bourque look bad on the #3 best goal...put the puck in his skates, turned him around, then went top shelf on the goalie...OUCH!

[/ QUOTE ]

One of his nicknames says it all: "Le Magnifique."

Not sure when you will see a player of his size, strength, reach. and his talent again, if ever.

What a hockey game in Pittsburgh tonight. Malkin scores the game winner with under two min. to go and the Pens defeat the NY Rangers in game one. It was a back and forth game all night with the Rangers jumping out to a 3-0 lead and the Penguins coming back to take the lead 4-3. I wish I could have watched it, but the radio call by Mike Lange was great.

[ QUOTE ]

The second game was pretty good too! Go Stars!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that this morning that they won in overtime. I said it before, they are playing excellent hockey at the right time. I think NBC has games on today and tomorrow.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that this morning that they won in overtime. I said it before, they are playing excellent hockey at the right time. I think NBC has games on today and tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crosby's game winner was an absolute blast...I don't think the goalie would have stopped even if it wasn't slightly deflected.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crosby's game winner was an absolute blast...I don't think the goalie would have stopped even if it wasn't slightly deflected.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing.

BTW, the Stars play at 9 p.m. on vs. The Red Wings are looking to put the Avs out early after they way the blew then out in game two and the Fylers finally held on to a lead. They won their game two against the Habs to tie the series.

I have theis erie feeling that the Rangers are going to play well today. I'm hoping the feeling is just gas.

I never would have thought that the Pens would come out and win their first six games to start the playoffs. Fleury was on his game today and he stoned Jagr twice in route to the 2-0 win.

They have a big challange in NY on Tuesday as they go for number seven in a row. The Rangers are a difficult matchup and the Pens have been able to sneak out a couple of wins so far. The Rangers have tons of veterans with experience and they are physical.

Wow! The Pens pull out another one in New York tonight with a 5-3 win. Malkin with two power play goals and one helper. The Pens were outshot 39-17, but they made the most of their shots to get the win. They will go for the series sweep on Thursday. Pittsburgh is the eleventh team in NHL history to win their first seven playoff games.

The Stars were taken to OT, but managed to strike first to take game 3 in Dallas and a commanding 3-0 series lead against the Sharks

[ QUOTE ]

Eh, if its anyone who accounts for beating the Pens I like that it's Jagr. He's a great player and has been one of my favorites to watch for quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a great talent, but he doesn't need to be a prick about some things he's said in the last couple of weeks about Crosby being a fraud and how Crosby & Malkin were no where near what he and Lemieux were in the early 90's. Be a sport and show some respect to the young guys that are going to be the face of the league when you're gone.

I think one of the reasons Jagr still has a house in Pittsburgh is because no one wants to be the one who buys his house with all the ill feelings about him in Pittsburgh these days.

Loved the hit he took when he scored the first goal...he got his world ROCKED!!! And he's lucky it was only a "glancing blow"...if it had been a solid collision, he'd be out for the rest of the playoffs...

[ QUOTE ]

My Red Wings ran away with it last night and swept the Avalanche 4-0...i think we are on another Stanley Cup run....see Pitt in the finals!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so fast, my friend...there's still a series to go before your Wings can think about getting a shot at the Pens...and the Pens still have to win two series before they get there...

haha true true...but i just think those two teams are playing the best....pitt and phila will prolly be a good series and dallas will give us a run...but im just speaking my opinion....but i have enjoyed this Stanley Cup playoffs so much and glad to see the sport returning to its former glory

[ QUOTE ]

haha true true...but i just think those two teams are playing the best....pitt and phila will prolly be a good series and dallas will give us a run...but im just speaking my opinion....but i have enjoyed this Stanley Cup playoffs so much and glad to see the sport returning to its former glory

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if the Stars-Red Wings and Penguins-Flyers matchups happened in the conference finals, those would be the two best series to date in this year's playoffs.

Now if the NHL can just get a deal going with a more widely distributed channel so we can actually watch the games!!