2008 NHL Lord Stanley Cup Playoffs

bhs7695

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

haha true true...but i just think those two teams are playing the best....pitt and phila will prolly be a good series and dallas will give us a run...but im just speaking my opinion....but i have enjoyed this Stanley Cup playoffs so much and glad to see the sport returning to its former glory

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if the Stars-Red Wings and Penguins-Flyers matchups happened in the conference finals, those would be the two best series to date in this year's playoffs.

Now if the NHL can just get a deal going with a more widely distributed channel so we can actually watch the games!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have watched the games...all of them. Maybe you should find a cable company that's worth a [censored]...if you can't, get you a dish and ditch the cable...unless you have Comcast and get to watch all the games (Ch. 43)...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone watchin the Stars Sharks game right now??? i just got home from work and figured it would be over...but they are in 2OT with the score tied at 1...wow...

4 OTs before the Stars FINALLY closed this series out...4 of 6 games in the series went to OT...all these extra minutes are going to hurt them against the Wings...

yeah it will definitely kill them only having off one day now and turning right back around and playing Detroit tomorrow...it was a pretty good game all in all that i saw of it...Turco really put on a goalie clinic in the game and Nabocov (sp?) really did well too...the Stars scared me for a loooooooooooong time it seems like the whole 2OT was played in their zone...but im glad they finally put the Sharks away...next up Detroit

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

haha true true...but i just think those two teams are playing the best....pitt and phila will prolly be a good series and dallas will give us a run...but im just speaking my opinion....but i have enjoyed this Stanley Cup playoffs so much and glad to see the sport returning to its former glory

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if the Stars-Red Wings and Penguins-Flyers matchups happened in the conference finals, those would be the two best series to date in this year's playoffs.

Now if the NHL can just get a deal going with a more widely distributed channel so we can actually watch the games!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have watched the games...all of them. Maybe you should find a cable company that's worth a [censored]...if you can't, get you a dish and ditch the cable...unless you have Comcast and get to watch all the games (Ch. 43)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that Bluefield cable had the vs. network. I knew they had FSP and CSN. My cable company has changed names again for the second time in the last two and a half years, but they still suck. They were Charter, then Suddenlink, and now Jetbroadband. I can afford Direct TV right now or a TV that has HD capabilities. I have the CSN out of DC which shows all the D.C. sports teams.

I guess I'll have to go to bars that have the vs. network! lol

How do you like those 4OT games Gman?? I've watch the Pens win one of those in D.C in '98. and I watched them lose one in Pitt to the Flyers in 2000. They rack your nerves as a fan!

[ QUOTE ]

yeah it will definitely kill them only having off one day now and turning right back around and playing Detroit tomorrow...it was a pretty good game all in all that i saw of it...Turco really put on a goalie clinic in the game and Nabocov (sp?) really did well too...the Stars scared me for a loooooooooooong time it seems like the whole 2OT was played in their zone...but im glad they finally put the Sharks away...next up Detroit

[/ QUOTE ]

I told my girlfriend yesterday as the Pens ended the third period tied how much I hate/love overtime hockey in the playoffs. The Stars have really impressed me thus far. They have found ways to win and Mike Modano is ageless!

I'm really loving the trade for Marian Hossa after yesterday! lol Bring on the state championship series between the Pens and Flyers Friday night!! Go Penguins!!!!

I seeing Dallas being far too worn out to hang with Detroit in the Western Finals. I say Detroit sweeps. Maybe Dallas can win one game, but I just dont see it with Detroits speed and defense with Zetterberg and Datsuk.

If the Pens make the Cup Finals and beat Detroit, that would make it that much sweeter for me. I cant stand those Hockeytowners.

Pens win game one 4-2 behind the strength of two Malkin goals and he added a helper.

Game two of the Red Wings and Stars is Saturday night and game two of the Pens and Flyers is Sunday night

GO PENS!!

It's going to be the Pens and the Wings in the finals. I'll take the Pens in six. Hopefully, the Pens will be a player for the Cup for years if they stay healthy. It will give Pittsburgh something to root for, considering the Pirates' play the last 15 or so years. Rumor has it that ownership is pleased with the team so far this year. They didn't think a AAA team could win so many games at the major league level, lol.

[ QUOTE ]

It's going to be the Pens and the Wings in the finals. I'll take the Pens in six. Hopefully, the Pens will be a player for the Cup for years if they stay healthy. It will give Pittsburgh something to root for, considering the Pirates' play the last 15 or so years. Rumor has it that ownership is pleased with the team so far this year. They didn't think a AAA team could win so many games at the major league level, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be so sure about that just yet. Both series just started and the Stars are already down 2-0. The Flyers have had a habit of going on runs after they lose their opening game of the series. Anything can still happen.

As far as the Pens keeping that team together after this run, I don't see it. It's up to those players if they want to stay in Pittsburgh and take pay cuts to do, but five of those guys with the biggest one being Marian Hossa, have contracts that are up and they have paid some big bucks to Crosby, Fleury, and Malkin already. It's going to be hard for Lemieux to keep that team together after July 1 when those contracts are up.

I read in Pittsburgh Post Gazette last week that the Penguins are getting close to a tie with the Steelers for popularity amongst the fans in Pittsburgh.

[ QUOTE ]

Well it looks like the league will be getting what they want with the Wings vs. Pens in the finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not there yet, but if both teams get there, it could be a series for the ages the way both teams are playing right now.

yeah well im sorry GMan...ur Stars don't look like they can take one from my Red Wings...they've won 9 in a row now and don't show any signs of stopping...look at Eastern Conference champs(Pens) lol.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah well im sorry GMan...ur Stars don't look like they can take one from my Red Wings...they've won 9 in a row now and don't show any signs of stopping...look at Eastern Conference champs(Pens) lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, all those OT games against the Sharks has definitely taken its toll. Dallas looks "tired" on the ice...one more game and its over...

Like I said in an earlier post, it wouldnt surprise me if the Stars get swept by Detroit. Dalls is tired from all of their tough games leading into the conference finals and Detroit is just too strong. Unless there is some miracle on both sides, looks like we're heading for a great series between the Wings and Pens.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Red Wings have a firm hold on the series at 3-1 and have a chance to hoist the cup once agin Monday night in Detroit. Odds are stacked against my Pens to come back as they have not played well against all that talent and exerience the Wings have.

After 109 minutes the Penguins finally put an end to the game in triple overtime. Nevermind that the Red Wings had almost 60 shots on goal to Pittsburgh's 30, Fleury played unconscious in the goal tonight. It would've been sweet to win it in Detroit in front of the home fans, but I guess it will be nice to go into Pittsburgh now and do it in front of the enemies! I'm partial to the white uniforms anyway, haha.

It was the best game I've watched in the playoffs this year. The goaltending was the best I've ever seen by both teams! Congrates to the Pens for having the grit and determination to pull this one out! This is good for the NHL in which has been a bad series for fans watching until the game last night. Hopefully the Pens can play well Wednesday night in Pittsburgh and get the series to a game seven.

Go Pens!