2008 NHL Lord Stanley Cup Playoffs

bhs7695

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I wish the games were still on TV. I'd love to be able to watch my Pens open the playoffs tonight. Go Crosby and Malkin tonight!Damn you mean the strike ended???? how bout that!!!

PittsburghPenguins.png

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I wish the games were still on TV. I'd love to be able to watch my Pens open the playoffs tonight. Go Crosby and Malkin tonight!Damn you mean the strike ended???? how bout that!!!

PittsburghPenguins.png

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you have some underwear to go buy at a yardsale?? lol

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Possibly the next greatest ever by the end of his career???

sidney.crosby.jpg

dont count out Malkin. He is a great, great hockey player who really showed his skill and leadership when Sid went down with injury. Malkin kept the Pens in tact and brought them into a 2 seed (when Sid left, they were 4th in the east).

During the last few minutes of the game, I wanted Malone out. He got his line in and started hogging the puck. At one point, he had it behind the net, attempted to wrap around with 2 guys open, smacking the ice and calling for the shot but he didnt pass. However, luckily he stayed in and got the game winning goal along with the silencer at the end.

2-0 PENS!

Well, 3-0 Pens in the series now as they win in Ottawa 4-1. Crosby with his first playoff goal this year and Hossa gets his first goal and a couple of helpers. They are getting it done as a team and Fluery is playing his best hockey between the pipes.

GO PENGUINS!!

[ QUOTE ]

Watched some of the beginning of the game. The Senators played us hard in every game of this series early, but then seems like they just quit and thats when the Pens went to work!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ottawa was frustrated by the outstanding goal keeping of Marc Andre Fleury for Pittsburgh. He is the hero that helped the Pens sweep the series.

Well, the first round is finally done with the two game 7's deciding who would move on last night. The Sharks protected their tank, while the Caps were ousted in OT at home. Tough loss for the Caps. The conference semifinals will begin this week with these matchups:

Western Conference

(5)Dallas vs. (2)San Jose - Game 1 Friday @ 10

(6)Colorado vs. (1)Detroit - Game 1 Thursday @ 7:30

Eastern Conference

(6)Philadelphia vs. (1)Montreal - Game 1 Thursday @ 7

(5)NY Rangers vs. (2)Pittsburgh - Game 1 Friday @ 7

[ QUOTE ]

Well, the first round is finally done with the two game 7's deciding who would move on last night. The Sharks protected their tank, while the Caps were ousted in OT at home. Tough loss for the Caps. The conference semifinals will begin this week with these matchups:

Western Conference

(5)Dallas vs. (2)San Jose - Game 1 Friday @ 10

(6)Colorado vs. (1)Detroit - Game 1 Thursday @ 7:30

Eastern Conference

(6)Philadelphia vs. (1)Montreal - Game 1 Thursday @ 7

(5)NY Rangers vs. (2)Pittsburgh - Game 1 Friday @ 7

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad the Caps lost...tired of the "Cap Bandwagon" crap on TSL.

Anyone up for a little "shark fishing"???

LogoNhlDallasStars.jpg

I was hoping the Caps would win just because I get CSN and could watch their matchup in the second round with the Pens, but they lost to Phily. I'll have to resort back to the internet radio broadcast from Pittsburgh.

I was surprised how well the Stars came out and played against the Ducks. Stars are playing well at the right time.

[ QUOTE ]

So are the pen's still broke?

[/ QUOTE ]

In 2005, they paid all their debts. They are actually making money again. With Mario owning the team, he provides an instant fan attraction for Pittsburgh and the team has sold out all home games (including the playoffs) dating back to the end of last season. I think the streak is near 60 games now. They had several rebuilding years, but they assembled a great young team with their draft picks during those years. In turn, that talent they have keeps fans coming back for more. In March of 2007, a deal for a new arena was signed and in the contract, the Penguins signed a 30 year lease to use the arena. The arena is set to open for the 2010-2011 season.

Pittsburgh is one of the NHL's top three markets for hockey