WVU 6th in director cup standings

wvuraiders

What do Stanford, Texas, California, Penn State, Ohio State and West Virginia all have in common? Those are the top six athletic departments in the country, according to the latest U.S. Sports Academy Directors’ Cup standings released earlier today.

Impressive to see where what overall athletic programs has done.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

And don't overlook the fact they are #2 in the Fulmer Cup Standings this year too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the accomplishments of hundreds of male and female athletes shouldn't be overshadowed by the mistakes of a handful.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And don't overlook the fact they are #2 in the Fulmer Cup Standings this year too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the accomplishments of hundreds of male and female athletes shouldn't be overshadowed by the mistakes of a handful.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are...

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It's nice to be successful in all sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

At any cost...

[/ QUOTE ]

What cost?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At any cost...

[/ QUOTE ]

What cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Thug" players that embarrass their school and fanbase...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At any cost...

[/ QUOTE ]

What cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know WVU's nationally ranked mens and womens soccer team had thugs on it? Wrestling? Gymnastics? We all know they are thugs!! Like I said, there are only a handful of players who have been in trouble. It shows your ignorance when you discredit the other accomplished student-athletes at WVU.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At any cost...

[/ QUOTE ]

What cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know WVU's nationally ranked mens and womens soccer team had thugs on it? Wrestling? Gymnastics? We all know they are thugs!! Like I said, there are only a handful of players who have been in trouble. It shows your ignorance when you discredit the other accomplished student-athletes at WVU.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...........and I was told my posts made no sense.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At any cost...

[/ QUOTE ]

What cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys just don't get it....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At any cost...

[/ QUOTE ]

What cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys just don't get it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Do tell what we don't get.

[ QUOTE ]

You guys either have short memories or you're just too stupid to figure it out...I know which way I'm leaning towards...

[/ QUOTE ]

A VT fan as yourself has little room to talk about this.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You guys either have short memories or you're just too stupid to figure it out...I know which way I'm leaning towards...

[/ QUOTE ]

A VT fan as yourself has little room to talk about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you MavsRock for just proving my point!!! I didn't want to say it, I was just waiting for someone to hang themselves and your neck fit the noose nicely.

Doesn't anyone remember the bashings VT has taken over the last several years due to the indiscretions of a few players...some that weren't even part of the team when their indiscretions took place??? Yet, you all bashed the ENTIRE VT athletic department and its teams' accomplishments anyway.

This is a clear case of the shoe being on the other foot yet you don't want to acknowledge the fact that your program got to where it is by recruiting and retaining less than "model citizens". Its OK since its your school. Well, in your eyes it may be OK, but the rest of the world is now laughing, pointing fingers, and reffering to WVU at the new "Thug U.". Move over Miami and VT...there's a new "gangsta" in town...

Thank you G-Man. With me being a Miami fan and all, Ive tried to tell people that they are not the "THUG U" tag-wearing school anymore. Sure, Miami had the huge brawl with FIU in 2006, but remember it was started by the FIU player who punched the Miami lineman. No current or recent Miami player over the past 4 or 5 years has gotten into significant trouble off or on campus. Yes, there are little things like being late for practice and such that some players have been disciplined for, but no fighting in bars for stepping on someones shoes, no drug rings, nothing. I just think that these WVU fans cant accept it that they have that tag now.

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you G-Man. With me being a Miami fan and all, Ive tried to tell people that they are not the "THUG U" tag-wearing school anymore. Sure, Miami had the huge brawl with FIU in 2006, but remember it was started by the FIU player who punched the Miami lineman. No current or recent Miami player over the past 4 or 5 years has gotten into significant trouble off or on campus. Yes, there are little things like being late for practice and such that some players have been disciplined for, but no fighting in bars for stepping on someones shoes, no drug rings, nothing. I just think that these WVU fans cant accept it that they have that tag now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well stated...

Guest JJBrickface

No one has condoned the actions of any athlete who has committed a crime. You guys are missing the point. How many student athletes compete at WVU? How many were arrested last year? You guys are taking a thread that highlights the accomplishments of the WVU athletic teams as a whole and turning it into something else.

[ QUOTE ]

No one has condoned the actions of any athlete who has committed a crime. You guys are missing the point. How many student athletes compete at WVU? How many were arrested last year? You guys are taking a thread that highlights the accomplishments of the WVU athletic teams as a whole and turning it into something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as happened at VT yet WVU fans bashed incessantly...that shoe hurts doesn't it...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as happened at VT yet WVU fans bashed incessantly...that shoe hurts doesn't it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we allll know that WVu fans bashed the VT womens soccer, softball, and swim teams!!! Stop being so ignorant.

no no JJ YOU need to stop being so ignorant...just about every thread that is started about VT has turned into a VT bash thread because someone will say something off topic and it will just be bash central..Vick got in trouble...and the response by WVU fans was...yeah look at that VT product...what an outstanding citizen blah blah blah...yet if someone gets on here and says ONE bad thing about WVU its as if hell has broken loose on that one person for saying something bad...