James Monroe gets a 10th game..Summers County...

edrforshey

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I guess they are thinking some points. They will get something from beating Summers, but nothing from beating Graham.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean they'd get nothing for beating Graham???

Well, IF they had the balls to play Graham and IF they were lucky enough to beat Graham, they would get MORE points than they'll get for beating Summers Co.

I guess we'll never find out though...

The funny thing about this post is even though your name has changed (AGAIN...FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME), your ignorance continues to shine...

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he ignorant? He may have been mistaken about something. No need to call names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you missed some of the other posts he has made?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care, its time we all stop fighting. The terrorists wanna kill us all. We must unite.

You mean Burch just never showed the day of the game?? No phone call or email or anything?

To try to make a long story short: Burch called fall of 2006, said they were short games and wanted to know if we had two games left. We had 21 at the time so we only had one. They wanted us to come down there for one game and then play two the next year. We would only agree to play them down there if they returned the trip the next year. They agreed, we found dates for 2006-07 and this year 07-08, and signed the contract in the fall of 2006. We made the trip down there in 2006-07 and assumed they would make the trip up here. The night of the game we had the crowd, officials, but no Burch. Called the next morning and they said we didnt have a game scheduled. When Coach found the game contract, they even tried to say that we had forged their principal and coach's signatures on them. When the SSAC got involved initially they still denied everything until we told them we had the envelope from Burch High School postmarked etc. They then sent us another Burch High School envelope with a check for $1000 in it.

So....does a WV school get points for beating a VA school? I remember Montcalm came close to a football playoff when they went 8-2 and still missed the playoffs. I remember being told a lot of their wins were against VA schools and they didn't get points for them. True or False, someone clarify please.

[ QUOTE ]

So....does a WV school get points for beating a VA school? I remember Montcalm came close to a football playoff when they went 8-2 and still missed the playoffs. I remember being told a lot of their wins were against VA schools and they didn't get points for them. True or False, someone clarify please.

[/ QUOTE ]

WV schools DO GET POINTS for beating VHSL high schools from VA. The deal with Montcalm was they didn't get many points because the schools they beat didn't have any wins. Montcalm got their six points for the win but no additional rider points for victories by the teams they beat. That's what happens when you play a "powder-puff" schedule...

Oh, welcome back Schmitt, Hei5man...BEERMAN...

The WVSSAC Rating Plan gives the same points for Out of State schools as in state schools.

They take the enrollment numbers of their Out of State Opponents and give them the points bases on where they would be if they were a WV school.

Same thing for any Bonus Points from a Out of State school.

Montcalm's 2005 Schedule

8/26 @ Big Creek 14-8 (5-5) 11 points

9/3 Hannan 54-6 (?????) 6 points + victories

9/9 @ Hurley 22-40 LOST 0 points

9/17 Harts 13-6 (?????) 6 points + victories

9/24 Tug Valley 42-20 (0-10) 6 points

10/1 Pocahontas 62-30 (0-10) 6 points

10/7 @ Meadow Bridge 24-41 LOST 0 points

10/15 Duval 24-20 (?????) 6 points + victories

10/22 Twin Valley 37-15 (2-8) 8 points

10/29 @ Greater Beckley Christian 51-28 (1-9) 7 points

Ed, help me out on the records for Hannan, Harts, and Duval in 2005...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WV schools DO GET POINTS for beating VHSL high schools from VA. The deal with Montcalm was they didn't get many points because the schools they beat didn't have any wins. Montcalm got their six points for the win but no additional rider points for victories by the teams they beat. That's what happens when you play a "powder-puff" schedule...

Oh, welcome back Schmitt, Hei5man...BEERMAN...

[/ QUOTE ]

So in other words, WV schools could get points for beating a VA school, but no additional points unless that VA school has beaten WV school, or does this matter?

Team A is class A in WV

Team A beats Team B from Va.

Team B would be Class A in WV

Team A gets 6 points for beating Team B

Team B beats 6 schools, since Team B is Class A in WV, Team A would get 6 bonus points.

--------------------------------------------

Team A beats Team B from Va which is now AA in WV.

Team A would get 9 points

Team B beats 6 schols again 4 AA and 2 A's.

Team A would only get 4 bonus points cause Team B is AA

-------------------------------------------------

It doesn't matter what state any of these schools are in, just what classifaction they would be IF they were a WV school.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I guess they are thinking some points. They will get something from beating Summers, but nothing from beating Graham.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean they'd get nothing for beating Graham???

Well, IF they had the balls to play Graham and IF they were lucky enough to beat Graham, they would get MORE points than they'll get for beating Summers Co.

I guess we'll never find out though...

The funny thing about this post is even though your name has changed (AGAIN...FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME), your ignorance continues to shine...

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he ignorant? He may have been mistaken about something. No need to call names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you sir......very true!

[ QUOTE ]

Team A is class A in WV

Team A beats Team B from Va.

Team B would be Class A in WV

Team A gets 6 points for beating Team B

Team B beats 6 schools, since Team B is Class A in WV, Team A would get 6 bonus points.

--------------------------------------------

Team A beats Team B from Va which is now AA in WV.

Team A would get 9 points

Team B beats 6 schols again 4 AA and 2 A's.

Team A would only get 4 bonus points cause Team B is AA

-------------------------------------------------

It doesn't matter what state any of these schools are in, just what classifaction they would be IF they were a WV school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you sir.....very professional answer!

It does get weird when a WV school plays a Out of State school that plays schools from several different WV Classifactions.

Easiest way to figure points is just put every school you play in its WV classifaction and also all of their opponents.

-----------------------------------------

Don't feel bad even the WVSSAC has had to update their numbers when they found out they had the wrong classifaction for an Out of State opponent or opponents opponent for bonus points late in the season.