G-men/ Richlands game

Im gettin a little tired of you putting our team down, I don't care if it is almost the end of the season, or that we aren't doing as well as YOU did in your glory days, 20 years ago. We are finally playing as a team and when a team that is 6th in the district has Richlands having a no hitter until the 5th inning, then I say we have improved and not "pathetic."

[ QUOTE ]

Im gettin a little tired of you putting our team down, I don't care if it is almost the end of the season, or that we aren't doing as well as YOU did in your glory days, 20 years ago. We are finally playing as a team and when a team that is 6th in the district has Richlands having a no hitter until the 5th inning, then I say we have improved and not "pathetic."

[/ QUOTE ]

did you still lose the game?

ok then.

It wasn't any better when G-Man was in high school either. Baseball at Graham has never been a priority. When G-Man and I were in high school (yes, I went to Graham)...the talent was there (but the wins weren't). There always seems to be a lot of talent at the senior - league level, but when the players get to high school, they usually don't do well.

[ QUOTE ]

It wasn't any better when G-Man was in high school either. Baseball at Graham has never been a priority. When G-Man and I were in high school (yes, I went to Graham)...the talent was there (but the wins weren't). There always seems to be a lot of talent at the senior - league level, but when the players get to high school, they usually don't do well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, lets see...we won 10 games my freshman year, 11 games my sophmore year, 9 games my junior year, but only 3 games my senior year...the worst lost we had was the first game my senior year, 15-0 on a no-hitter by Jeff Johnson from Richlands...and you can definitely blame that bad season on the coach and the lack of team chemistry...he had his favorites and they got to play, no matter how bad they were playing, in spite of the fact others sitting on the bench were better...at that point, no one cared...BUT WE STILL WON MORE THAN ONE GAME...

Don't get me wrong... I agree with you. Talent there has never been utilized. And there were definitely people on the bench that should've been playing. There were also guys who were great players in senior league, who never came out, because of the favoritism...They knew if it came down between them and a guy who was on the football team, the guy on the football team would get to play. At least, that's the way I remember it. I only played baseball one year (when I was a freshman) I was a skinny kid, got to play on the j.v. team some, but I didn't even come out for baseball sophomore year, because I knew I would never get a shot. I think I dressed with varsity for one game, because McKinney let everybody dress at least once or something like that...

I really knew I'd never play, when McKinney overheard me talking about how he always plays his favorites one day. By the way G-Man, some of those guys who got to start when you were a senior, never even played in little league and senior league... We had an all-star team that beat Richlands 12-1 and Tazewell 14-2 when I was on the 14-15 year old team...and only two or three of those guys even went out for the team. (De-Wayne Johnson, Mo and Jackie Akers)

[ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong... I agree with you. Talent there has never been utilized. And there were definitely people on the bench that should've been playing. There were also guys who were great players in senior league, who never came out, because of the favoritism...They knew if it came down between them and a guy who was on the football team, the guy on the football team would get to play. At least, that's the way I remember it. I only played baseball one year (when I was a freshman) I was a skinny kid, got to play on the j.v. team some, but I didn't even come out for baseball sophomore year, because I knew I would never get a shot. I think I dressed with varsity for one game, because McKinney let everybody dress at least once or something like that...

I really knew I'd never play, when McKinney overheard me talking about how he always plays his favorites one day. By the way G-Man, some of those guys who got to start when you were a senior, never even played in little league and senior league... We had an all-star team that beat Richlands 12-1 and Tazewell 14-2 when I was on the 14-15 year old team...and only two or three of those guys even went out for the team. (De-Wayne Johnson, Mo and Jackie Akers)

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't have said it any better...almost like your were reading my mind on what I wanted to say...

"and you can definitely blame that bad season on the coach and the lack of team chemistry" that is pretty much what is happening this year except that it is not the coach..but the lack of team chemistry up until the last week or so when we put our differences behind us and started playing together.