how much does weightlifting relate to wins?

zack

a lot obviously, but i believe minds and technologies are changing in how this should be done.most professional combines look at total number of reps at a given weight say 225. high school usually a little less say 185.you have to ask yourself how much does ONE REP MAX RELATE TO FOOTBALL?,STRENGTH AND WEIGHTLIFTING OBVIOUSLY DO but strength flexibilility and speed traing are just as important.flexibility sometimes prevents or lessens injuries . also, with weight repetittions, there is a less chance of injury.diet also plays a big role.i dont claim to be an expert but i believe these beliefs are changing from the need for powerlifters to bodybuilders.

because the combines are used to not only evaluate football ability, but overall athletic ability as well...which sometimes I think more attention is paid to general atheltic ability...coaches see something they can "work with" and go in that direction over a kid that is just a great football player.

If a kid will work his butt off in the weight room, he will probably work hard on the field. Football players (and teams) need speed, strength,power,quickness, and mental toughness to succeed. A good weight program can definitely help develop these five aspects, and yes it will help win some games. Can the kid get the job done on the field, is the real question.