This PSA brought to you by SWAVSports.com...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

The Service Department at Cole Honda/Nissan sucks...biggest bunch of crooks in Mercer Co...that is all...carry on...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never done business with a Cole, Andy Clark, or Ramey and I never will.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Service Department at Cole Honda/Nissan sucks...biggest bunch of crooks in Mercer Co...that is all...carry on...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heading in that direction...never will again...

[ QUOTE ]

Hope you don't mind me asking but what happend.

[/ QUOTE ]

They might have fixed something that wasn't broke on Gman......like when you take your dog to the vet to get "fixed!" lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't the only one...

[ QUOTE ]

Hope you don't mind me asking but what happend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do I begin...

My wife has a Honda and I have a Nissan. We have taken them to Cole's for service in order to "maintain the warranty". Both cars are in EXCELLENT condition and we've never had any problems out of either of them...knock on wood. But EVERY time we take them in for service, they say there are things that "need to be replaced", "such and such is not working properly", etc., etc., even though I know for a fact there is nothing wrong with whatever they have diagnosed and then they'll quote an outragous price to fix said problem.

One example...I put new tires on my car a few months ago and had it aligned at the same time...at a very trusted shop that specializes in tires/alignment. I took it to Cole's the very next week for the "required" service. Damned if they didn't tell me my car was out of alignment and would cost an extremely overpriced amount (compared to what I paid when I had my new tires put on) to do the work.

My wife took her Honda to them today just to get my key to her car "reprogrammed" from the last "service" they did on it and like clockwork, they gave her a laundry list of items that needed to be "fixed" or "replaced" and yet another overpriced quote...and those were things they "found" while only reprogramming the key to lock/unlock the doors/trunk.

This crap happens EVERY TIME we take our cars to them.

I'm sick of their BS and WILL NOT go back to them unless there is a recall where the problem gets taken care of on their nickle...but I'm sure they'll still find something else that is wrong...

Thieves...

I've had problems with Ramey in Richlands.

Last Fall, they ordered a part and never called me when they got it.

When I dropped by to check on it, they handed me the part - didn't say anything about making an appt. to get it installed, AND didn't give me a bill.

Didn't put the fuse box cover back on either time.

Couldn't find the cause of a 2nd problem either time.

I'm never shoulda switched from Haysi.

Guest JJBrickface

That sort of stuff really pisses me off. There is no reason for them to pull stuff like that. If I were you I'd be going nuts.

When K-Mart in Bluefield still had the Penske garage my wife took her car their for an oil change and service. They told her that all of her plug wires and plugs needed to be changed. She didn't know any better so she had it done at an outrageous price. I had changed all of the wires and plugs 6 months before and put life-time warranty NAPA wires on the car. I went to K-Mart and demanded the wires so I could take them to NAPA. The guy fiddled around in the back for 10 minutes and came back with the wires. They were all fine except one wire that seemed to have been sliced with a pocket knife. When I took the receipt and wires to NAPA they said K-Mart charged you $65 for the wires but we only sell them for $35 so that is all I can reimburse you for. I went back to K-mart and went straight to the Penske manager. He claimed it must have been a computer error and gave me the remaining $30 only after I bitched and raised hell for 30 minutes.

These places think when they see a woman, elderly person, teen, or non-mechanically inclined person coming they have a sure b.s. sell and take full advantage of the situation. Luckily for me after trial by error I have found a couple of good places in Tampa to take my autos to. My car is still under full warranty and they haven't tried to sell me on anything that didn't need to be done. In fact when my I took my car in for a warranty issue my dealer has a rental car company inside their dealership and they foot the bill for anything that is fixed under warranty.

That is the "nature of the beast" for most of "these" dealerships. I purchased a Honda for the gas mileage, also, a V6 because you have to have a little kick to pull out in this crazy (ATL) traffic that has been rated by Forbes as the worst in the nation this year.

Most of "these" dealerships have their service advisors on commission....so they push most of these services to supplement their salary....not sure if they are strictly commission but I know they DO operate on commission.

You can sit in the waiting room and you hear alot of "stuff" being "advised" for "better" performance ESPECIALLY to women.

Unfortunately, it's everywhere....you learn how to play the game....and hopefully, can stay one step ahead.

My wife has a Honda and I have a Nissan. We have taken them to Cole's for service in order to "maintain the warranty". Both cars are in EXCELLENT condition and we've never had any problems out of either of them...knock on wood. But EVERY time we take them in for service, they say there are things that "need to be replaced", "such and such is not working properly", etc., etc., even though I know for a fact there is nothing wrong with whatever they have diagnosed and then they'll quote an outragous price to fix said problem.

==========================================================

There are solutions for this but, you gotta be fast on you feet and a good haggler.

1). Tell the garage that you'll allow them to do the repairs but at a greatly reduced price. Keep talking them down while commneting that you like their service just not the price. If they are really intrested in your business they'll yield on price, if not, your not out any money.

2.) Every time that give the "laundry list" just ask them for the list and tell them "Thanks, I'll give it to my mechanic." and bounce out of their office acting happy that potential problems have been found and can now be dealt with. After a while, the dealer mechanics will stop giving you the list thinking they are not going to do a diagnosis of problems for another mechanic to fix. Hassle over.