WVU basketball recruiting class # 4 via espn # 10 overall scout

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

No one ever said Huggins couldn't get good players...keeping them in school will be the issue...grad rates are important in order to keep full allotment of scholarships per the NCAA...

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=329

[/ QUOTE ]

Its hard to keep any kid in school when they know they have a legitimate chance at making some big bucks.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No one ever said Huggins couldn't get good players...keeping them in school will be the issue...grad rates are important in order to keep full allotment of scholarships per the NCAA...

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=329

[/ QUOTE ]

Its hard to keep any kid in school when they know they have a legitimate chance at making some big bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its also hard to keep kids in school when they have a GPA of 0.0...

Guest JJBrickface

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a "letter to the editor" by a young man who had done his research. His response to a biased article:

The writer was trying to insinuate that the low GPA of last year's team was Huggins' responsibility. It clearly was not.

However, let us examine the academic standing of some of coach Huggins' most recent teams. A simple Google search by the author would have brought up a UC page which celebrated the achievements of both the 2002-03 men's basketball team, and the 2001-02 men's basketball team. In 2001-02 the University of Cincinnati men's basketball program lead Conference USA in team GPA. In 2002-03, the UC basketball team had six members that posted a 3.0 or higher. This tied UC's basketball program with St. Louis for the most basketball players on the C-USA honor roll.

On top of those academic achievements, in the 2005 NBA draft there was only one NBA first round draft pick who earned a college degree. That draft pick, Jason Maxiell, was a four-year player for Huggins. Huggins' last basketball team was the 2004-2005 team in which every senior eligible to graduate earned his degree.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a "letter to the editor" by a young man who had done his research. His response to a biased article:

The writer was trying to insinuate that the low GPA of last year's team was Huggins' responsibility. It clearly was not.

However, let us examine the academic standing of some of coach Huggins' most recent teams. A simple Google search by the author would have brought up a UC page which celebrated the achievements of both the 2002-03 men's basketball team, and the 2001-02 men's basketball team. In 2001-02 the University of Cincinnati men's basketball program lead Conference USA in team GPA. In 2002-03, the UC basketball team had six members that posted a 3.0 or higher. This tied UC's basketball program with St. Louis for the most basketball players on the C-USA honor roll.

On top of those academic achievements, in the 2005 NBA draft there was only one NBA first round draft pick who earned a college degree. That draft pick, Jason Maxiell, was a four-year player for Huggins. Huggins' last basketball team was the 2004-2005 team in which every senior eligible to graduate earned his degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

He obviously left out a bunch of stuff in his research (see other posts on this board regarding Huggins "stellar" record in regards to athletics and academics)...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He obviously left out a bunch of stuff in his research (see other posts on this board regarding Huggins "stellar" record in regards to athletics and academics)...

[/ QUOTE ]

And did you know that transfers don't count toward graduation statistics? Not to mention the players he had that left early for the NBA.

Dammit to hell guys. Why does everyone hate everything that WVU or VT does? There are always a few bastards who have to start something on every board. It is really getting old. I know, I have talked crap before, but I don't post on this damn site much because it will not matter. It will somehow get turned into a battle of VT-vs-WVU and it pisses me off. This board has become a joke.

I really can't wait until high school football gets here so college isnt brought into the situation.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Dammit to hell guys. Why does everyone hate everything that WVU or VT does? There are always a few bastards who have to start something on every board. It is really getting old. I know, I have talked crap before, but I don't post on this damn site much because it will not matter. It will somehow get turned into a battle of VT-vs-WVU and it pisses me off. This board has become a joke.

I really can't wait until high school football gets here so college isnt brought into the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just say...LET'S GOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEEEEEEERS!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just say..."Stooooop readingggggg itttt!!"

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just say..."Stooooop readingggggg itttt!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

That works too.