"I've never unbuckled a corpse"

VHSLhelper

Sixty percent (452) of the 749 people who died were not wearing restraints.

ok so you have a 60%-40% shot of getting killed if you are wearing a seatbelt vs. not wearing a seatbelt....lol...great odds there...they should have left that part out.

749 of (1,026) deaths occurred in vehicles equipped with safety restraints.

So, nearly 300 ppl. died who didn't have an option. Other than bikes & busses, what does that leave? 20 year old vehicles?

And how many died before the accident occured? I know of 2 guys who died in the past few years in Grundy while in their vehicle because of a heart attack.

one of my friends life was saved last night due to a seat belt...someone was going down the wrong way on 81 and hit him head on...it totaled his car but he was saved due to his seat belt...something to ponder on..if he was not wearing a seat belt he would have been thrown from the car and more than likely not be alive...seat belts do help out alot...

More times than not, seatbelts do help. For anyone to not wear a seatbelt because it is "unocomfortable" or for whatever reason, is stupid. I think itd be a lot more uncomfortable in a coma or in a casket rather than having my life saved by a little belt.

[ QUOTE ]

More times than not, seatbelts do help. For anyone to not wear a seatbelt because it is "unocomfortable" or for whatever reason, is stupid. I think itd be a lot more uncomfortable in a coma or in a casket rather than having my life saved by a little belt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know...have you ever laid in a casket? They are pretty comffy.

I do think that seat belts can save lives, and I wear mine (most of the time). But I dont see where the government can come in and tell people that they MUST wear thier seat belts. I think it should be up the each person. Of course children (under 18) shouldnt have a choice and they should be properley restrained.

The way I see it is if you aren't smart enough to wear your seat belt, and you are in a fatal accident, then it is kinda like natural selection...survival of the fitest.

Im am not trying to make light of fatal car accidents. I have known several people that have been killed in car accidents (some wearing seat belts, some not). All Im saying is there comes a time when people have to start taking responsibilty for themselves.

Oh exactly. I think that if you arent smart enough to wear a seatbelt and then you die in a crash, then you kinda get what you deserve. Personally, 99% of the time I dont wear a seatbelt when I sit in the backseat, however, if I am in the passengers seat or driving I never go without wearing it. There isnt as a high a possibility of dying due to not wearing your seatbelt in the back seat as opposed to the front seats so I feel comfortable and secure without wearing it. However, I cant get behind the wheel of a car without buckling my seatbelt; I dont see how people can.