All-Region IV team

region4fan

I know the coaches are meeting on Monday to vote on All-Region. Except for Henry from Abingdon and Reynolds from Martinsville, who were POY in their districts, will anyone from Piedmont or SWD make 1st team over players from the River Ridge?

[ QUOTE ]

YES there will be equal amount of players on the team from all districts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not this year Coach. We were told in our district meetings that the only players that were guarenteed on 1st team were POYs for the three districts. The rest was wide open. Let's be honest, putting 4 or 5 players from each district does not put the BEST players on 1st team.

on one hand yes but you are leaving off some good players that do not have the supporting cast that your players have. But that is fine just do what you want to do. I have never liked the post season awards. Good luck at state coach and I hope you bring the title to region IV.

[ QUOTE ]

on one hand yes but you are leaving off some good players that do not have the supporting cast that your players have. But that is fine just do what you want to do. I have never liked the post season awards. Good luck at state coach and I hope you bring the title to region IV.

[/ QUOTE ]

But is it fair to punish a player for being a good team? We picked the BEST 15 players in the region regardless of position, year, or district.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont believe u picked the 15 best....but thats just my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...should have been more from the RRD and less from the PD and SWD...

[ QUOTE ]

i dont believe u picked the 15 best....but thats just my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree as well, there should have been more from the RRD and may be 1 from the SWD (Henry from Abingdon) and maybe 2 from the Piedmont. I mean come on look at the results, no SWD teams won a game or was even competitive in regions. ONE Pedmont team advanced to the semifinals where they were destroyed 7-0. I am surprised there were only 4 players from Blacksburg and not more.

well to make first team region, you have to first make first team all district. Along with making first team all district then you have to be ranked among the first four or five to make 1st team region or in the case of the river ridge the top seven.

there were too many piedmont selections i think. i can see the one or two from martinsville who made it, but whats this kid from patrick doing on there? if youre going to put the one stand out player on a team that does nothing in districts let alone regions in there, then im sure turpin from pulaski is a better player.