Got this off of Virginia Preps

carrollfan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a one sided contest, soccer almost became an after thought. Northside came out playing aggressive, getting two yellow cards in the first 5 minutes. Once Blacksburg took control on the scoreboard, Northside then became just plain dirty. Many of their players told the Blacksburg bunch that they didn't care how badly they lost, they were going to break their legs in half... I believe a direct quote was "F**k it, this is our last game, we might as well break them in F**kin two..."

By the middle of the second half, there was not a Blacksburg starter on the pitch. It was simply too dangerous to leave any player in the game, as Northside failed to call the dogs off and were continuing to try to hurt people. I have not in my life witnessed a game played with less class. It is a shame that a team that insists on playing that way made the State tournament. Playing hard is one thing, and in fact I believe that is the way that the game should be played, but when it is taken to that level, it is simply ridiculous. I am sure that the level of play will be much, much higher at Radford. What a shame for the Blacksburg players and fans that the last game ever to be played at Bill Brown Stadium (the only home field ever for them, and home to 9 state championships) was tarnished by such a classless opponnent...

One side note, I feel the Referee did as good a job as possible given the situation. He gave cards out, Northside just didn't care.

Congrats to Blacksburg and all the other State Semi-finalists.

I was at the game and that report says it best. Blacksburg moved the ball around nicely but Northside would hit cheap shot after cheap shot. It was the dirtiest team I have ssen in quite some time.

[ QUOTE ]

Why didn't the ref take control? If it was truly as bad as it sounds, he should've warned the players & coaches and then started carding them off of the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea thats what I was wondering. Did any get red carded? If everything was the worst people had seen in awhile why didnt they start red carding? or even just giving them yellows for them being outta control cause they'd add up..

I am all about retaliation for my teammates. Ive done it myself (throwing inside, tripping people around first base, throwing elbows in the lane, stickin my legs out, etc.) and I feel completely fine with it, but it was because the person deserved it. It wasnt because I was losing or because it was my last game, it was because they had done something disrespectful to my team or my game. I dont take any crap from anyone that plays on the same field I do, and I'm glad I wasnt at this event because I probably would have been arrested.

The coaching staff for Northside should be banned from ANY and ALL organized sports involving kids age 18 and under for the rest of their lives!!!! That is completely uncalled for!! The underclassmen on the team that got cards for cheaps shots should be suspended for the entire season next year!

[ QUOTE ]

I am all about retaliation for my teammates. Ive done it myself (throwing inside, tripping people around first base, throwing elbows in the lane, stickin my legs out, etc.) and I feel completely fine with it, but it was because the person deserved it. It wasnt because I was losing or because it was my last game, it was because they had done something disrespectful to my team or my game. I dont take any crap from anyone that plays on the same field I do, and I'm glad I wasnt at this event because I probably would have been arrested.

[/ QUOTE ]Bottom line is, the ref and coaches have the RESPONSIBILITY!! for those kids' safety FIRST and FOREMOST. I blame the ref for not getting the game in control and I blame the coach for not jerking those irresponsible little turds off of the field for their behavior, who gives a crap if it's their last game. I once had a team that played with only 10 players (no subs the entire game), while 6 players sat on the bench for disciplinary reasons for the entire game, while fans were yelling at the coach, calling him an idiot for having only 10 players out there. I applaud that coach for making that decision and sending the message that that kind of behavior will NOT and should NOT be tolerated.