I found this VERY interesting...

GMan

The "Princeton Mafia" hard at work again...since when is Bluefield not in Mercer County???

From the Bluefield Daily Telegraph...

[ QUOTE ]

PHYSICALS

Princeton - Any student wishing to participate in MERCER COUNTY school athletics (not including Bluefield) for the 2008-09 school year can receive a physical on June 7 at the Orthopaedic Center of the Virginias on Courthouse Road. Permission slips, WVSSAC physical forms and other details can be obtained at the schools. Forms must be presented at the time of the physical. For questions, call Brittany Wiley-Powers at (304) 487-2297.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think we should ring her phone off the hook today asking why kids from Bluefield can't get physicals even though they are "any student" in "Mercer Co."??? WTF...

It is my understanding that the doctor's office is responsible for who gets seen and not seen and not the "Princeton Mafia" or the WVSSAC. This comes from a very reliable source I just spoke with who used to do those physicals at that same office a few years back for this. The doctor's office does this as a "voluntary service" and they are trying to cut down on the number of kids coming in and time that is used to do the physicals. I believe that is why Bluefield kids are not invited to this. I would think O'Saile takes care of the Bluefield kids.

Even if that is true, they shouldn't advertise it as "any student wishing to participate in MERCER COUNTY school athletics" and not include the kids from Bluefield. If they didn't want the kids from Bluefield, they should have worded it "And students from Princeton, PikeView, and Montcalm that wish to participate in WVSSAC athletics...".

It is a poorly word ad and deserves to be scrutinized as such...

[ QUOTE ]

Since when are you concerned about hurting peoples feelings and being "politically correct"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...nevermind...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Since when are you concerned about hurting peoples feelings and being "politically correct"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...nevermind...

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew you hadn't changed...haha