Euro 2008

beano5

[ QUOTE ]

rustu's save on that free kick was ridiculous. i like how turkey plays, but i just dont see them winning against germany.

as for the diving, i guess you just have to learn to live with it. the players have so much skill and its really great to watch them play, but i really dont know why they want to make that a part of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're exactly right in every part of that statement. Turkey is going to have a tough time, especially being as short handed as they are. They are beaten up from those first couple of games, plus there are a couple who have to sit out due to cards.

I've definitely learned to live with diving, even though it can get frustrating sometimes.

Turkey is involved in another crazy game. I love the heart that they showed through the tournament, but it just wasn't their day.

Couple of thoughts, I was getting pretty frustrated with the television feed going in and out. And also, did anyone else see that Turkish player getting the back of his head stapled together at the end of the first half? He had gone up to head the ball, but Rolfes came in a little late and they collided heads. Rolfes' eye got a pretty bad cut too. Insane.

[ QUOTE ]

Couple of thoughts, I was getting pretty frustrated with the television feed going in and out. And also, did anyone else see that Turkish player getting the back of his head stapled together at the end of the first half? He had gone up to head the ball, but Rolfes came in a little late and they collided heads. Rolfes' eye got a pretty bad cut too. Insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea the television feed sucked. "And its over. Wait...no..no its not. Ok now it is. Germany moves on."

I just saw the instant slow-mo replay of the stapling...that was intense. Great game. Very exciting. I wanted to see Turkey pull it out, but Germany was just too good.

even though i hated the feed going out constantly like that, i liked when it came back the second time and all you see is the ball hitting the back of the net for turkey. that was pretty sweet.

im gonna have to second spain 2-1.

i watched an mls game last night after the spain semi, and its weird how opposite of european soccer american soccer is. the players give the ball away so easily and, on a positive note, they almost never dive. there were so many hard tackles where the referee just let them play and no one rolled on the ground crying about it. other than that one hight note, though, its hard to watch in comparison to euro 08.