Locker room remodeling at Mitchell Stadium...

Bluefield_Rules

Does anyone know if the locker rooms will be completed in time for the start of the season? I know the city had planned on doing the remodel themselves, but after gutting the buildings realized that they were in over their heads. As such, they put the project out to bid in recent weeks and we suppose to make a decision on the contractor early last week. Mind you that the locker rooms are completely gutted with no plumbing and the floors busted up. Does anyone know if the city made a decision on a contractor yet and what the new completion date is? I certainly hope they will be completed for Beaver/Graham, but I would imagine that's not looking good.

Guest JJBrickface

This is pretty much a reflection of the city of Bluefield as a whole. I hate to see the city that I grew up in fall apart like it is.

[ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much a reflection of the city of Bluefield as a whole. I hate to see the city that I grew up in fall apart like it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know nothing about "the city falling apart"...you should be 20-30 years older...what it was and what it has become is very, very sad...

Yeh, the city drags its feet something terrible...they had two additional weeks to help finish the new trails at City Park and failed to complete that task on time for the grand opening. They had the "ribbon cutting" on Sunday and only one City board member was present...THE MAYOR WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND...PISS POOR REPRESENTATION!!!

City Director Jim Bailey got all upset because the new family-friendly trail took up some of HIS horse shoe space. What a clown...he's still smoking that pipe-dream of an equestrian park saving this area...nothing but a bunch of horse-[censored] if you ask me...

Guest JJBrickface

Gman Im sure I would know more about it if I was 20 to 30 years older but at the same time, I have heard about what Bluefield used to be. I even researched about what Bluefield used to be. It really is sad that its going down hill. We should start a coalition to make Bluefield a better place. Who is with me?

"We should start a coalition to make Bluefield a better place. Who is with me? "

what's really funny is how people constantly complain about this area... yet they never actually stand up and take action themselves. and then when something is finally done, they complain and say they would have done it this way or that. you can never satisfy some people - they just like to complain.

I'll tell ya what... if ANYONE is ACTUALLY interested in doing something for this community, then be at the Princeton Teen center (Planet Xtreme) next Tuesday at 7:00. They have been hosting a community forum about teenagers and teenage pregnancy and teenage alcohol / substance abuse for Mercer County... the numbers are astounding... and it'll make you want to get out and do something... and that group is making plans to do something. so here is your chance to be a part of change... or you can just sit and complain.

sew into the community... if nothing else, then support the local youth groups and teen centers (Wade Center and Planet Xtreme). if you reach them at a young age, then you can avoid a lot of those future issues... and THEN you've actually done something positive for the community (instead of just complaining).

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Where is the Xtreme Center? I would love to be present...