New BB Coach at JM

MavsRock

Randy Wallace is the new hoops coach.

He did it for a year or 2 when the school started in the mid-90's. I can tell you, they were alot better then than now.

Best thing about Wallace is he absolutely doesn't take part in the political BS that has plagued JM and Pterstown for decades. The best players will play, and crying kids and and parents will be told to take a hike, but maybe not in those exact words.

Actually, the team really wasn't any better back then under Wallace than they are now.

The only years JM's basketball teams have been pretty good were the years that Kelly Wilmore was the coach.

I will say this though, I saw JM a couple of times at the Backyard Brawl thing in Christiansburg last month and they looked pretty good with Wallace coaching them.

[ QUOTE ]

That is the truth. Kelly is a good guy though. If you everf wanted a laugh though, just ask him about "Pistol" Payne over at Summers. Those two just did not like each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a good guy. When I was working in one of the Roanoke City schools Kelly would swing by every so often and start trying to spread the dook propaganda to those poor kids. We'd end up going back and forth about Carolina and dook for 15-20 minutes. The last time I saw him before I left was the week of the Bluefield/JM title game in November. He was convinced James Monroe was going to win. I just hate that I didn't get to see him before I left to discuss the result of that game.