WVU to play Davidson

twopac

You know that returning a couple talented starters and some really good bench guys along with a really good recruiting class, WVU has no chance in this one. Davidson is the best school in the state of North Carolina!

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

You know that returning a couple talented starters and some really good bench guys along with a really good recruiting class, WVU has no chance in this one. Davidson is the best school in the state of North Carolina!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, WVU has no chance. Seems like I have heard that before.

Guest JJBrickface

What Lombardi fails to mention is that WVU has returning starters, good bench players, and a top 15 recruiting class coming in.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I probably already know the answer to this considering the coach, but what, if anything will happen to the PG that was arrested in Pittsburgh several weeks ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the deal is at this point, I don't think the courts are through with it yet.

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder what Roy Willims will do to Lawson from UNC?...What Lawson did was more dangerous to the public than drunk in public and resisting arrest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawson will be dealt with and may even sit out a game. And don't get offended by my comments. Everyone knows that Huggins has allowed many of his players to get away with stuff while at UC. It has absolutely nothing to do with him being WVU's coach or the school itself, it's the man.

I'm not offended by the commits because you are exactly right about what he did at UC but since he has had a second chance at K-State and WVU he has kept his own personal life clean and did not have any player issue while at K-State. The players involved at the Pittsburgh Pirate game were not his recruits but it did happen under his watch. Maybe like Lawson it will be dealt with between the players and coach.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not offended by the commits because you are exactly right about what he did at UC but since he has had a second chance at K-State and WVU he has kept his own personal life clean and did not have any player issue while at K-State. The players involved at the Pittsburgh Pirate game were not his recruits but it did happen under his watch. Maybe like Lawson it will be dealt with between the players and coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't at KSU long enough to have issues. However, I do believe that one of his recruits there had trouble this past season and was suspended or kicked off the team. And I'm aware that the two kids in question were not players he recruited. It'll be interested to see how he handles these types of situations at WVU. The Ebanks kid he landed has some baggage and handlers. He reached out to several high-profile schools after being released from IU including UNC and was told they were not interested.

It will be very interesting to see how both incidents will be handled...both coaches have been pretty mum about but Williams probably didn't comment at first about it because Lawson was still up in the air about declaring for the NBA draft and thought that if he went to the NBA then it wouldn't be his problem.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Lawson pleaded guilty, but only blew a .03, under half of the legal limit of .08.

Lawson however is just shy of 21, so that is why he was charged. I dont think there will be a huge penalty from Roy on this...