Bluefield/Nitro Scrimmage reports?

Bluefield_Rules

Overall Bluefield didn't look too bad. They have a lot of guys that can run the football for them. Cole did a good job of throwing the football and can take off with it too. The defense can hit, but had trouble wrapping up at times. The pass defense seems to be a question mark, they did well on pass coverage at times and at other times they would get burned by the pass. I think the O-line might be a question mark also. Overall I think the score was like 28 to 14 Bluefield with them scoring on a couple of td passes to Patterson, a long int return by Patterson and a couple of short td runs.

[ QUOTE ]

Overall Bluefield didn't look too bad. They have a lot of guys that can run the football for them. Cole did a good job of throwing the football and can take off with it too. The defense can hit, but had trouble wrapping up at times. The pass defense seems to be a question mark, they did well on pass coverage at times and at other times they would get burned by the pass. I think the O-line might be a question mark also. Overall I think the score was like 28 to 14 Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about the pass coverage plus the DB's dropped some balls that should have been caught for interceptions. Overall they looked pretty decent for a first scrimmage.

Remember fellas, Nitro is one of the best passing high school teams in WV and Virginia for that matter. They're a pass-happy offense in every sense of the word. Bluefield has scrimmaged them for the past 10 years or so for that very reason as well as others including their size on the lines. Bluefield will not see a passing attack anywhere near as good the remainder of the season.

[ QUOTE ]

Based on what I saw today I think Bluefield has the potential to compete once again this year in AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

bluefield has a chance to do that year in and year out because of a great coaching staff as well as players.