James Monroe - Wayne

photoguy

It is time for the Plow Boys of Monroe County to park the tractor, empty the hay wagon, clean the barn, feed the chickens and hit the football field for the start of this season. James Monroe will bring to the field this week with a new (well new to the kids) coach and a young and inexperienced line. Wayne has one game behind it and a win.

Any thoughts?

Agreed Gman, I think playing a team of Waynes' caliber this early in the season could get ugly for JM. This team should get a lot better during the season, but I'll be pleasantly suprised if they are ready for this game.

The couple of news articles I've read on Wayne say they lost little and are reloaded for this 2008 season. Undoubtedly, a very hard game for James Monroe to open the season with. A James Monroe win and I'll feel pretty good about this season. A close loss and I'll still be happy. It's hard to predict exactly how James Monroe will respond to this challenge because there are just too many new things going on. One thing for certain, I won't be surprised to see a HUGE crowd in Lindside on Friday night. It's the equivalent of opening with a playoff game.

If there's an internet stream planned for this game, I'm not aware of it.

I'm excited to see how we do against Wayne but I think our inexperience on the o-line is really going to hurt in this game. I hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking Wayne-38 JM-14. If we do lose I hope it's closer then that .I know I will feel alot better about the season. On aside note I've been hearing great things about our JV. We might take our lumps this year but we could be very strong the next couple of years. Regardless of what happens I can't wait till friday night!

I think the o-line will come together during the season, they're obviously not going to be as big and strong as last years, but as the year wears on they will get much better as a unit.

What concerns me a little is the defensive side of the ball. I know we like to play sort of a "tampa 2" scheme that relies on the D-line to get pressure on the QB and stop the run. We're going to have to blitz and be more creative on the defensive side of the ball to make up for the relative youth and inexperience on the line