WVU drops in polls

thegamer

My only guess would be the fact that West Virginia was pretty much beat in all phases of the game, excluding the scoreboard. A Heisman candidate at quarterback and one of the most highly touted running backs in the nation both failing to reach the endzone for a touchdown doesn't look too great.

I think #25 is a little low also - not saying I agree with the ranking, this is just my my opinion on it.

I think the ranking is pretty deserving. WVU got stomped at an unranked teams house. Granted, that team is now #14 but they weren't when they ripped the nipples off of WVU in every phase of the game. Like Hokie said, when both your dynamic all everything quarterback and your highly touted running back dont do a thing and get outplayed by guys who no one has ever heard of running the same exact system, it doesn't make you look too great. Personally I think ranking them 25th is a little high.

I think the messages from most have been great reads or interesting rather than the crap slinging that used to go on.

IMO, everyone is entitle to a bad game, WVU had theirs. I don't know if it's the case of too many chiefs not enough indians or Uncle Stew can't drive this super fast car, or too many changes too soon. I know Mullen intends on getting back to what they've done in the past 6 years and easing into the new stuff. I hope to GOD that we right the ship before Colorado!

I think the messages from most have been great reads or interesting rather than the crap slinging that used to go on.

IMO, everyone is entitle to a bad game, WVU had theirs. I don't know if it's the case of too many chiefs not enough indians or Uncle Stew can't drive this super fast car, or too many changes too soon. I know Mullen intends on getting back to what they've done in the past 6 years and easing into the new stuff. I hope to GOD that we right the ship before Colorado!

The bolded phrases are correct.

WVU has a prime opportunity to redeem themselves against Auburn, they just have to put this loss behind them and play one week at a time.

Yes they do and I just found out that I have a ticket to that game. I am pretty excited about that, but unless they turn it around between now and them, I don't wanna drive all the way to MoTown to watch the Eers get stomped...

Yes they do and I just found out that I have a ticket to that game. I am pretty excited about that, but unless they turn it around between now and them, I don't wanna drive all the way to MoTown to watch the Eers get stomped...

If you're a fan, you're a fan. It shouldn't matter who they're playing or what the expected result is.

If you're a fan, you're a fan. It shouldn't matter who they're playing or what the expected result is.

Exactly, buddy. I had a ticket to the UVA-USC game, and I went. Drove three hours and baked in the sun, knowing we'd likely get throttled. And we did. And I'd never trade it for not going.

You're right. A true fan is a fan through all the "storms" or other weather that comes our way. I am in fact a true fan of my team. I sat and listened to most of my friends trash my boys and our coach last weekend. I also heard one of them threaten a Hokie fan that was there ....although he was "joking." lol. No shot at anyone there. I'm over the ECU loss. I know they are a great team and could be playing for a big bowl this year.....this year's Boise State. I'm pumped for Colorado. I know there are things to be fixed and they are supposively fixing that. I hope so.

All of us were dissapointed, but we have to move on and believe in our teams. The original post was meant for disscusion only!

can i have your ticket??? go get on someone else's bandwagon

He's just being realistic. And as long as I've know Geavs, he's been a WVU fan so don't think he's been a bandwagoner. Why would you want to go watch your favorite team get stomped?

Because you live and die with them. Because you hope against any realistic hope that they won't get blown away. Because when they finally do achieve greatness, you'll feel that much better for it.

If you know your team is horrible, why go travel 3 hours, spend X amount of money, and waste your time to watch them get torn to pieces? I'd rather sit at home and witness that so I know when I can turn it off. I'd die at halftime along with the will of my team.

If you know your team is horrible, why go travel 3 hours, spend X amount of money, and waste your time to watch them get torn to pieces? I'd rather sit at home and witness that so I know when I can turn it off. I'd die at halftime along with the will of my team.

You do it because you support the team, good or bad. Fair-weather support doesn't exist to me, and that's what you've just described.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I understand going to see your team no matter the outcome, but sometimes there is another factor invoved that should not allow you to go to games... Money.

And as a college student driving long hours in a gas eater as well as food and tickets can run you some money... thats the crisis I often have.

I understand going to see your team no matter the outcome, but sometimes there is another factor invoved that should not allow you to go to games... Money.

And as a college student driving long hours in a gas eater as well as food and tickets can run you some money... thats the crisis I often have.

Definitely understand that, and it's a great point indeed. That's why I can't make it to all of them. But I will make it to 2 this year.

It's called an upset! If your team isn't playing well and the team coming is is favored, then it's huge! You don't expect a win being the underdog, but you would love to see it. Also, if your a fan, you want to watch them live at the stadium any game. Come on now, I know Florida has good football, surely you would go watch FSU or UF even if they were the underdog.