Where does Va. get some of these officials?

luvftball09

Just wondering where in the world does the VHSL get some of the officials they send out on Friday night to ref high school football? Every year it seems to get worse... Anyone out there know a legit e-mail address to someone who you can report these bozo's to? They won't do anything about it but at least you could vent some of your frustration....:mad:

My dad is a VHSL official. He officiates with the same crew every year, and has done so for years, so they work well together. They were selected to officiate the VA state playoff games the past couple of years. I am not sure which game in particular you guys are talking about, but my dad's crew usually does not ever get any bad press or reviews from either team.

I admit, I have seen a couple this year when a couple of refs were either making calls totally out of position or had one they should have made right in front of them. They are human and will make mistakes, but with experience and knowledge, it minimizes the likelyhood of that happening.

Be safe all and God Bless.

EW

Oh yeah, no one on my dad's crew has to go to the meth clinic. :-) They officiated the game in Bluefield on Saturday night.

Just wondering where in the world does the VHSL get some of the officials they send out on Friday night to ref high school football?

Most of them are derelicts. They sell their souls to the VHSL on Friday evenings between the approximate hours of 5:00 PM and midnight for money.

Most of them are derelicts. They sell their souls to the VHSL on Friday evenings between the approximate hours of 5:00 PM and midnight for money.

I agree......most of the zebras belong in a zoo. I long for the good old days when men were men, women were women, and refs were refs. Back in the day, the football crews got together early on Friday afternoon, loaded up in a station wagon with a cooler of Falls City and PBR's and made their pilgrimages to the various and assorted gridirons. More often then not, the crew along with a coach or two would drain the cooler before they left the game site. Where have the Shrimp Buchanans, Greever Crouses, Jack Halls, Charlie Warners, and TBone Lewises gone to?

My dad is a VHSL official. He officiates with the same crew every year, and has done so for years, so they work well together. They were selected to officiate the VA state playoff games the past couple of years. I am not sure which game in particular you guys are talking about, but my dad's crew usually does not ever get any bad press or reviews from either team.

I admit, I have seen a couple this year when a couple of refs were either making calls totally out of position or had one they should have made right in front of them. They are human and will make mistakes, but with experience and knowledge, it minimizes the likelyhood of that happening.

Be safe all and God Bless.

EW

Oh yeah, no one on my dad's crew has to go to the meth clinic. :-) They officiated the game in Bluefield on Saturday night.

yea i agree it takes experience and knowledge of the game to be a good official. You can know all the rules and still be a bad official because a good official needs to know how and when to apply those rules in certain situations.. Everyone makes mistakes and that comes in life.. Just for the record I dont officiate in the AOA or MED :)

yea i agree it takes experience and knowledge of the game to be a good official. You can know all the rules and still be a bad official because a good official needs to know how and when to apply those rules in certain situations.. Everyone makes mistakes and that comes in life.. Just for the record I dont officiate in the AOA or MED :)

That is when the experience factor kicks in. :)

I saw T bone kicking a Falls City can around Saltville at the Labor day fest. And as for Jocko Lee and Warrners them boys were seen over at wimpies drinking and chaseing women. And that was before their game.