1A Clintwood defeats 4A Volunteer.....

wave316

1A Clintwood with a little over 300 students defeated 4A Volunteer Falcons of Tennessee 33 to 16 tonight. I am so proud of the heart and hustle of these guys! Volunteer fans on their message boards were mocking my Greenwave team saying they would have better competition from a blind team in Maryville than Clintwood. They came over with about 75 players dressed to play. Our fans packed our side of the field and cheered like crazy. It was 16 to 16 at the end of the 3rd quarter, then the heart of the Greenwave team rose up and ran the ball down Volunteers throat. We scored the last 17 points out of pure heart and hustle. Our guys were down 9 to 0 and could have become discouraged but the fought their way to victory. Im sure their were other great games tonight, love to hear about them:)

Volunteer lost their 2 main playmakers from last year. I predicted Clintwood by 21 after watching us run all over them in our scrimmage (even if it was just a scrimmage). The only reason they would talk smack is because they beat you guys handily last year. I tried telling them on coacht that they'd be in for a long night, and that they couldn't go by last year. They've only had a few winning seasons since their existence, but to hear some of them tell it they're all world. Good job by the wave. Anytime a VA team beats a TN team I'm all for it.