Big game for Bradshaw

thegamer

Thank god i kept him on my fantasy team. lol. He earned me some big points. But i am gald to see him doing good, the giants should get him more touches. He's to good to just stand there all game.

Your talent pool must be depleted a bit if you had to start a third string back.

he's not 3rd string...he had a bruised calf last week is the only reason he didn't play more.

That's what I had heard also. It'll be really hard to keep him out of the game, if he keeps producing like that when he gets in...Derrick Ward had better step his game up, if he wants to continue to get touches, I'd like to see the giants deal Ward to another team in exchange for a defensive end...or something.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

He still would never get the touches to make an impact in either of my fantasy leagues, there are 8 teams and everyone carries 3 backs as well... He just isnt at that level yet, and probably will never be a 20+ carry back.

He still would never get the touches to make an impact in either of my fantasy leagues, there are 8 teams and everyone carries 3 backs as well... He just isnt at that level yet, and probably will never be a 20+ carry back.

not unless he gets traded...he's not really a 20+ carry back...15+ yeah...20+ no...as long as Jacobs stays healthy and can play ahead of him, Ahmad is sitting pretty...if Coughlin will just play him and Jacobs they will score some points.

not unless he gets traded...he's not really a 20+ carry back...15+ yeah...20+ no...as long as Jacobs stays healthy and can play ahead of him, Ahmad is sitting pretty...if Coughlin will just play him and Jacobs they will score some points.

I agree. Ward is a good back. But Ahmad is a better "change of pace" guy. Bradshaw has more big play potential. I see Ward as more of an every down back, than a change of pace guy.

i tell you one thing,it was a pleasure to see him in little league,middle school,high school.college and now pros.i went to a GMS game at tazewell one year because i kept hearing about this bradshaw kid and his speed and ability to cut and juke at such a young age.well after watching him for one qrtr i felt so bad for the tazewell kids,it was like watching barry sanders running against pikeview thats how bad it was.the kid was special.and hes still a hell of a football player.

I agree with your fantasy league analysis: he wouldn't see the light of day in either of my 2 leagues (8 and 12 teams).

And I also tend to agree with your statement that he likely won't be a 25-carry-per-game back. 15-20 would work fine for him, I believe. He's got big play potential, too.

Ward needs to go to a place like Denver...he'd be a 1,200+ yard back there.

Hell i could go to Denver and rush for 1,000+ yards..they always produce good running backs due to their o-line

he's not 3rd string...he had a bruised calf last week is the only reason he didn't play more.

He was still listed as third string on the official depth chart for this weekend and whether it was an injury or the guys in front of him that put him there, he was still there. If someone playing fantasy football had to start a third string running back to fill their roster for the week, then the talent pool for their fantasy league must be a bit thin with too many fantasy teams and not enough actual players to fill roster spots.

saw an interview with Coughlin the other day where he said something about Jacobs is the starter and they are all equal from that point on...something to that effect...pretty much said depends on what the situation is and who's hot as to who gets it...he also said he would find a way to spread the ball around to keep them all happy....I think AB will surface as the solid #2 back though...and I think they are keeping them all around because of all the injuries from last season...if one goes down, no big deal there are 3 more to play.

• 2 weeks later...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ahsc6zeQCUFaE2qz2VVwWh_.uLYF?slug=rotowire-hmadradshawuieteek3&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

Ahmad Bradshaw: Quiet Week 3

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Sep 22, 12:40 pm EDT

Update: After a huge Week 2, Bradshaw had just two carries for two yards and one catch for five.

Recommendation: Bradshaw has a ton of talent and would probably put up big numbers if he were ever to see 10-plus carries and a few catches per game. But right now, he’s the team’s third string back behind Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward, and given the effectiveness of those two, Bradshaw’s unlikely to see more than a handful of carries per game at this point.