Havens gone from bluefield

thegamer

Wow, if this is true, who will replace him do you think?

This is what happens when you use the seniority to fill coaching vacancies. The job should have been Tony Webster's the day Gilliard left. The Mercer County B.O.E. screwed something else up, big surprise. It's time to get on-board with the 21st century and drop the seniority superiority mentality.

Wow, if this is true, who will replace him do you think?

Coach Gilbert will likely go after the position extremely hard...He coaches Bluefield baseball, montcalm football, and was the jv basketball coach last year for bluefield

Although I would like to see Tony Webster be the coach of that team..He would know how to win

Guest BEAVERTAIL

He told me over the summer he was quitting basketball. But that was when he was an assisstant.

Dont know where that leaves him now...

This is what happens when you use the seniority to fill coaching vacancies. The job should have been Tony Webster's the day Gilliard left. The Mercer County B.O.E. screwed something else up, big surprise. It's time to get on-board with the 21st century and drop the seniority superiority mentality.

Sports isn't the primary concern of most school systems. They usually try to fill their extra curricular positions with professional employees. Seniority is really the fairest way to do so. The school is liable for these kids and so they put someone who is an employee of theirs in that position. They have to for liability reasons. In their position there are more important things than winning or going state.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Sports isn't the primary concern of most school systems. They usually try to fill their extra curricular positions with professional employees. Seniority is really the fairest way to do so. The school is liable for these kids and so they put someone who is an employee of theirs in that position. They have to for liability reasons. In their position there are more important things than winning or going state.

That is probably the best post i have ever seen from you, and I agree.

Good job.

I have no problem with B.O.E. employees being hired as coaches. However, my problem is when they have multiple candidates and the deciding factor is based solely on seniority. Several times in my educational career as a Mercer County student I had wonderful, very knowledgeable teachers replaced with teachers that had more seniority and couldn't teach computer apps to Bill Gates. The kids suffer, but then again the board doesn't care as long as they're covering their behinds...