Who is the Magna Vista coach?

CPF

Joe Favero, used to be the defensive coordinator at Bassett. Say what you want, but in about 2 years, they will be back in the thick of it. They have some talented underclassmen that will flourish in his system if they allow him to weather the storm. If you knew what their schedule was, you might think differently.

William Fleming

Heritage

Liberty

William Campbell

Gretna

Reidsville

Martinsville

Tunstall

Patrick County

Bassett

Most would say that their easiest competition is within the district.

Just thought you might want to see the whole picture before you make a statement like that.

mvhs has played a brutal schedule...both this year and last. especially considering that they are in 'rebuilding' mode. carlisle may come calling on some of his guys during the offseason. with all the losses the warriors have been enduring, it wouldn't be surprising to see some of the kids jump ship. a couple already left before this season. the chiefs will lose a lot of their 'recruited' players to graduation this year, so all 3 of the local publics may be targeted.

CPF, you are right,this is a terrible football team. They have scored only 3 TD's all year and 2 of them were when they were already down by 40 points our more. I'll give Favero credit though, he does have them playing hard all game long,just not enough talent to even be competitive. Reidsville could have scored 80 or 90 points against them Friday night if they had wanted to. Also,Mhsalum you are correct about losing players to other schools,but also some kids are just not playing anymore,kids who could help the program.When Coach Bateman and then Beckleheimer were there, you usually had 40-50 kids on the varsity and 30-40 on the jv team(school had 800-900 kids).Since consolidation(around 1200 kids now),they have had about 28 to 35 kids on the varsity and 25-30 on jv. 4 head coaches in 4 years has not helped this situation. Unless Favero has a magic wand I see no quick fix to this problem. Going from being in the playoffs almost every year to not hardly being able to score, well I'm sure it's hard on the folks down in Ridgeway. I know it was raining Friday night but I bet MV didn't have but about 150-175 fans in the stands.Mhsalum, great win over Halifax today.If the Dogs ever figure out how to play 4 quarters every game instead of 2 or 3 then they could be right in the thick of things in district play.

Mhsalum, great win over Halifax today.If the Dogs ever figure out how to play 4 quarters every game instead of 2 or 3 then they could be right in the thick of things in district play.

i've told a few folks who've asked that the dogs have about the best group of starters that they've had in several years (just my opinion)...at least this early in the season. the running game is especially solid. problem is, at least 5 or 6 of those guys are starters on both sides of the ball. depth is a big issue. mhs led gretna 14-0 early and 14-12 at half, only to give up a bunch in the 2nd half. they killed rustburg early and then gave up some 2nd half points that made the game a little bit closer. they led the entire game at mchmichael only to fold in the end. they were tied with liberty at the half and fell apart.

but yesterday, it finally looked like a complete game. halifax beat heritage pretty bad just last week, so one would think that was a pretty good squad that mhs beat soundly.

and oh yeah, which side are you sitting on next friday night?!?! i've got plenty of extra bulldog gear if you need some! :-)

Edited by mhsalum

Joe Favero, used to be the defensive coordinator at Bassett. Say what you want, but in about 2 years, they will be back in the thick of it. They have some talented underclassmen that will flourish in his system if they allow him to weather the storm. If you knew what their schedule was, you might think differently.

William Fleming

Heritage

Liberty

William Campbell

Gretna

Reidsville

Martinsville

Tunstall

Patrick County

Bassett

Most would say that their easiest competition is within the district.

Just thought you might want to see the whole picture before you make a statement like that.

That is a brutal schedule. I wouldn't want to play that with a team that is struggling. Hopefully, there will be better times ahead.