The U.S. economy...

GMan

you guys should just not open your 401k statements when they arrive in the mail next quarter...lol....just throw it away and pretend it never happened...and hope you were not planning to retire anytime soon.

Folks we have a FUBAR situation. I will not look at my pension statement for the quarter, because I know I have been raped. The greed and lack of oversight that led to this debacle is enough to sicken us all.

We all know who gets to pay this check. Us, and I am willing to bet that none of us profited from it.

It suddenly struck me that we in this area we saw a mini version of this when the Bank of Keystone went belly up. I just hope the same thing happens on Wall Street as happened there; that those responsible get their assets seized and they end up locked in the Federal pen.

Edited by Hacker
spelling and grammar

you guys should just not open your 401k statements when they arrive in the mail next quarter...lol....just throw it away and pretend it never happened...and hope you were not planning to retire anytime soon.

Mine won't be hurt too bad...I didn't have a whole lot in it. Now, my wife's, on the other hand,.....:eek:

lol..the ones responsible are the ones that put people in the pen...in a bigger picture.

So we have no laws that apply to those in power. If that is the case, we are all screwed and will see chaos if there is no correction soon. Maybe the anarchists should have a shot at things.

those poor poor bankers, feel so sorry for them, and those house flippers that got caught THIS time after they made a killing a half dozen times b4, we just gotta help em out we just have to keep up the status quo of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer

Now the Dow closed up almost 500 points today!

"What the hell's goin on out here?!?!?" - Vince Lombardi

A lot of sold stocks Monday = a lot of bought stocks Tuesday.

Self-correction of the market.

And Lance's point's pretty much dead on. Leaving those companies to regulate themselves was a massive mistake; this is precisely the kind of thing that needed to be legislated. Blame the lawmakers...

Thank goodness I'm young.