Who will win virginia tech or boston college

Smurf

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Then it gets to where either BC/VT have a top 12 ranking in the BCS. If they don't, they could miss out as I believe Tulsa and Utah would both be ahead and would grab a BCS.

It doesnt matter, we have an at large Bid. ACC winner goes on automatically.

Unless they are not in the top 12 (it might be 16)

No. BCS conference champions receive automatic bids to a BCS bowl game regardless of ranking. Be that as it may, it is extremely difficult win a conference championship and not be ranked highly.

Here is a link to the BCS Selection Procedures and Policies:

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

Go back to 2006, maybe (don't remember the exact year), when Florida State won their last ACC Championship. FSU played Penn State in their BSC bowl game and had 4 or 5 losses if I'm not mistaken. I'm not completely sure of the exact number of losses, but I do know they were not ranked in the Top 15.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
No. BCS conference champions receive automatic bids to a BCS bowl game regardless of ranking. Be that as it may, it is extremely difficult win a conference championship and not be ranked highly.

Here is a link to the BCS Selection Procedures and Policies:

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

Go back to 2006, maybe (don't remember the exact year), when Florida State won their last ACC Championship. FSU played Penn State in their BSC bowl game and had 4 or 5 losses if I'm not mistaken. I'm not completely sure of the exact number of losses, but I do know they were not ranked in the Top 15.

Bingo.

Viva Futbol, the only way Tulsa or any non BCS conference school can get an AUTOMATIC bid, key word there automatic, is by being in the top 12, OR being ranked higher than a BCS conference winner in the top 16. They can get an at large bid by winning nine games and being in the top 14. They must woo the committee though to gain a place, which they wont because they probably have no fans compared to large schools.

Either way, nothing in the rules states that a conference winner will "lose" its bid... Tech wins the ACC, and Tulsa and Utah go undefeated, VT is BCS bowl bound, despite the record... Now the question becomes, who will get in, either Tulsa or Utah will get an automatic bid and the other will go into the pool for at large bids.

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

Well, the first 5 minutes of the game was fun. We look terrible. I think I'll just stop caring about sports all together. I need a beer..

Maybe VT and WVU fans can form some sort of misery loves company club or something.LOL.

thank goodness for defense. How is it possible for our offense to be so bad? I know we are bad, but I am always surprised at our dismal offense everytime I watch us play. I say this as we are about to get scores on in the waning seconds of the half. I need a beer. Or some lighter fluid to gargle.

I liked what the announcer said about the VT defense telling the offense to contain BC until the defense can get back on the field.

Personally, I liked Mark Jones saying on air right after the Eagles gave up a fifth turnover with B.C. leading 28-20 at that point in the fourth quarter: "Imagine if the V.T. offense could actually score!"

Personally, I liked Mark Jones saying on air right after the Eagles gave up a fifth turnover with B.C. leading 28-20 at that point in the fourth quarter: "Imagine if the V.T. offense could actually score!"

I didn't realize they had 5 turnovers. How is our offense so bad that they can't take advantage of 5 turnovers? 5? There is no other team in the nation that lose if they took the ball away from the other team 5 times...

I didn't realize they had 5 turnovers. How is our offense so bad that they can't take advantage of 5 turnovers? 5? There is no other team in the nation that lose if they took the ball away from the other team 5 times...

Pretty amazing, huh? Or sickening, which every way you want to look at it.

You had about two fifths of what the Hokies were doing Saturday night going to way they wanted. The other three fifths that wasn't working was on offense and special teams and it killed them in the end.

I felt really bad for Foster in the post game interview. Sounded like he was just completely gassed and frustrated. He has had this happen to his defense several times over the last few years. The offense just didn't help Saturday night when they had too many chances. Could not make a block on the outside for the tailback or make the catch down field when they got their hands on it.

I'm sure it's more frustrating for the kids on the field then it is the fans.

I'm afraid Foster will leave for the first thing that comes along after this season. He was really frustrated Saturday night after the game.

Pretty amazing, huh? Or sickening, which every way you want to look at it.

You had about two fifths of what the Hokies were doing Saturday night going to way they wanted. The other three fifths that wasn't working was on offense and special teams and it killed them in the end.

I felt really bad for Foster in the post game interview. Sounded like he was just completely gassed and frustrated. He has had this happen to his defense several times over the last few years. The offense just didn't help Saturday night when they had too many chances. Could not make a block on the outside for the tailback or make the catch down field when they got their hands on it.

I'm sure it's more frustrating for the kids on the field then it is the fans.

I'm afraid Foster will leave for the first thing that comes along after this season. He was really frustrated Saturday night after the game.

Good post.

Quick question to everyone reading. Does Virginia Tech have the offensive tools to be effective? If so, how is it possible to not utilize them?

Quick question to everyone reading. Does Virginia Tech have the offensive tools to be effective? If so, how is it possible to not utilize them?

I honestly think they do, and I think Stinespring is actually working harder not to utilize them than he would have to work if he just let things flow. The offensive play calling is entirely too bland. Starting off with a HB dive that hasn't gotten a line push all game or trying to throw the ball on the run with pressure from a blocking breakdown. This may be through my biased eyes against the offense and who calls it, but I see a very, very vanilla offense.

My point is that Tech has always had an "under-achieving" offense, if you will, and I don't see this offense as anything less, with the exception of inexperience. We are still getting the blue-chip recruits and the athletes from the Hampton/Tidewater area, I just think that there is a chink in the armor somewhere in the coaching staff and has been for several years now.

Good post.

I think the tools are there, but who is using those tools? Tim Taylor or Al Borland? I know this is the youngest team that I have ever watched in Blacksburg and they will have growing pains, but I worry about their confidence combined with their inexperience.

Play calling could be a big contributor to their confidence in key situations and there is no better example then the Western Kentucky game a couple of weeks ago. The fourth down and one in the fourth quarter and they elected to punt and try to pin them in when you have the ball on the WKU 37 yard line when V.T. was up 27-3. If you go for it and get it think of what goes through the heads of your players. It should go a long way for their esteem and they in turn should feel the coaches have confidence in them to get the job done. Instead, the choice was made to punt and it almost lands in the stands which is now a touch back. To me that would show the players, "Ok good job, you didn't screw up, now let the defense go get the win for us." Not the best option in my opinion when you have an offense that is struggling series to series and the more work they can get on the field, the better.

Maybe some guys are trying to do too much thinking they have to make up for others mistakes. I've seen evidence of that the last couple of years.

Good post.

From someone who's had to choke down a putrid offense since Musgrave left back in 2005, I think I have some perspective.

Question #1: YES.

There aren't as many tools as in years past, but they're there. You have an athletically gifted QB who is at a crossroads in his college career. He could either turn into the next collegiate Michael Vick, or he could turn into Reggie Ball. When a QB is THAT fast and has THAT much of a cannon, the supporting skill positions can afford to be not-as-sterling as they have been in the past.

Question #2: Easier than you think.

Stinespring's rock-ribbed conservative when it comes to his play-calling. There's a reason your rushing offense is 40th and your passing offense is 113th in the NCAA, respectively. With the corps of your WRs, he's being more conservative than usual, and thus far, it's been barely enough to get by the Coastal contenders. This year, it may be all you need, and it perpetuates the cycle. And I know about perpetuating the cycle.