Oil drops below $70 a barrel today...

futbolking

I don't think you'll see it get to $50. OPEC has scheduled a meeting next Friday to discuss oil productions and they will likey vote to decrease production as demand decreases to try and hold prices somewhere in the mid $60.

so are they back in or still out? last I heard they walked out of OPEC...

We will find out at the next meeting...I think they will show but will demand to have more "pull" in regards to OPEC or they will walkout again...

I don't think you'll see it get to $50. OPEC has scheduled a meeting next Friday to discuss oil productions and they will likey vote to decrease production as demand decreases to try and hold prices somewhere in the mid $60.

They can meet all they want, if they know the price is going to $60-50, don't you think they'll sell all they can at $70?

Anyway these countries that make up OPEC can't cut production too much, because their economies are set up to run off almost entirely from oil revenues.

it's a win-win for them...they make less and charge more...which means more oil for them long term...they won't let it fall very low because they know we will pay it now....you will never see chepo oil like we had before this all started again.