Twin Valley @ Hurley

Guest stuntdouble

WOW! ive never heard of a one man team. the way you talk they didnt need the other 10 players. yes Scammell was an excellent player because he and the others played as a TEAM. Im not taking anything away from Tester but there is no "I" in the word team. I know Coach Tester and he would agree with that. Scammell had good players all around him. I guess when you dont win you have to have something to blame it on.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody remebers back to 1993 when Greg Tester and David Scammell was at Grundy and both were freshman ask them who was playing in the backfield at that time...It wasnt David Scammell. Scammell was playing DB and Tester was in the backfield.....I have been a football fan in the county for years and i had a son that played at Grundy during the late 90's when Tester was back playing for the Rebs...If he would have stayed at Grundy.....Scammell maybe would have not seen the field....ASK GREG ROWE??? .....It was Jason Lester and Greg Tester in the backfield........to solve this matter?....What did they do after High school???......That will answer your question??

How many colleges did each attend? Scammell 4 years at E&H. We wont go in to how many the other one attended and for what reasons he didnt finish at some of them. Like I said I like Tester and finally he and Scammell have grown up and are making something out of themselves. Still there is no such thing as a one man team as was suggested.

Lets compare their careers after high school

Tester- 4 year starter at UVA-Wise: 3rd in the record books all time rushing at UVA Wise with nearly 3000 yards.....2 years of arena footbal

Scammell- Did not even start until his senior year at Emory....enough said

OOH I hear Miami Dolphins is looking for a new coach as well as Grundy or maybe Twin Valley or maybe even Richlands or Honaker or Haysi and the list goes on. Coach Tester take your pick!!!!!!!

its not fair to these 2 guys that we get on her and talk about one over the other...Both is damn good runningbacks and would have made one hell of a backfield....They both have done good for themselves and are trying to build football programs....Both are great people and from my knowledge their pretty good friends and have respect for each other.........I bet one would not tell you he is better than the other....Thats waht kind of a person both of these guys are......So this subject is done

its not fair to these 2 guys that we get on her and talk about one over the other...Both is damn good runningbacks and would have made one hell of a backfield....They both have done good for themselves and are trying to build football programs....Both are great people and from my knowledge their pretty good friends and have respect for each other.........I bet one would not tell you he is better than the other....Thats waht kind of a person both of these guys are......So this subject is done

Well said!!!! they ARE good friends and good friends of mine. I think Buchanan county has produced some very good coaches from the 90's. Let's stand behind them. I talked to Coach Tester the other day and he has matured so much. Keep up the good work to all our coaches and teams.

Lets compare their careers after high school

Tester- 4 year starter at UVA-Wise: 3rd in the record books all time rushing at UVA Wise with nearly 3000 yards.....2 years of arena footbal

Scammell- Did not even start until his senior year at Emory....enough said

lets compare coaching careers scammell 3 tester 0

we won one.. ervinton.. i think we wouldve won more if coach had changed the offense earlier than he did.. but he's said that himself.. but overall crigger is a great coach and it was a pleasure to play under him.. oh and by the way.. i love how this post got changed from tv vs. hurley to scammell vs. scammell.. im gonna say tester was the better athlete, scammell is the better coach... i think if tester couldve stayed out of trouble at miami then he could've stayed at the d1 level...

Tester was never in no trouble......lol.........This whole thread needs to be squashed.......Its supposed to hurley and TV.......Both of those guys are good guys and no one needs to be on here making statements about either when you dont know them.....