If McCain had won...

Guest JJBrickface

yeah it does go both ways but everybody is talking about Obama that he shouldnt be presdient and he is the one that is going to give us change and McCain would have done nothing but followed Bush and we dont need a another Bush but my reason for writing that was because alot of people didnt want Obama to win because of his color and i know that for a fact but everybody has their own opinion and if i have an opinion about something then i will tell you my opinion because thats just how i am and everybody just needs to respect the fact that Obama won and McCain didnt but no everybody is making a huge damn deal about it when there is no reason for that..

It doesn't sound like everyone's making a huge deal to me. Outside of internet message boards, I've not seen one soul that's claimed that they wanted Obama to lose because of his color. In fact, the majority of Republicans I've seen have been nothing but classy in defeat.

But if you get my point, you sure haven't accented it. I'm sure the 20% higher African-American turnout this year was just a mere coincidence. I'm sure Obama winning every other minority by a 2-1 count was also just circumstance. I would surely assume that some people didn't vote for Obama because of the amount of melanin in his skin. But one can surely infer from these CNN statistics that there was a counterbalance by those who DID vote for him on the basis of skin tone.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Edited by UVAObserver

just shut up cause i will have my opinion and you can have yours so just shut up im done talking about it because Obama deserved to win

Everyone on here knows that you're not going to get me to shut up unless you give me solid, fact-based reasoning. You didn't provide any support for your statement, I did, and you took offense to it. No biggie. I never said Obama *didn't* deserve to win; it's not like Ted Stevens, who truly didn't deserve to win. But you're sadly deluded if you think that racism's only a one-way street.

no thank you very much i dont care if you shut up or not but you dont need to be acting like your better than everybody else because no body is better than somebody they are just who they are and you can keep running your mouth about the whole Obama thing and i know you didnt say that Obama didnt deserve to win duh i know how to m-fin read and i wasnt trying to start anything i was just giving my opinion because everybody cab give thier opinion if they want to and i wanted to so i gave it

no thank you very much i dont care if you shut up or not but you dont need to be acting like your better than everybody else because no body is better than somebody they are just who they are and you can keep running your mouth about the whole Obama thing and i know you didnt say that Obama didnt deserve to win duh i know how to m-fin read and i wasnt trying to start anything i was just giving my opinion because everybody cab give thier opinion if they want to and i wanted to so i gave it

It's called "punctuation". Try it sometime.

I'm not acting like I'm better than everyone else, and I firmly believe that we are perfectly equal in the Good Lord's eyes. I'm just saying that you're flat out wrong if you think that ONLY caucasians voted based on their perception of Obama's race. I've stated why this is flatly wrong earlier in this thread, and since you can "m-fin read" you can find it yourself.

You were the one who acted like I peed in your Cheerios when I called you out on it. Get some thicker skin...

hey guys im new on here and i really care whothe fuck won as long as they fuckin do the shit so you need to stop fightin like your the shit cause she realy dont care ok and white mother fuckers have there own decision you dont know what is in other mother fuckers head so you need to quit actin like you do ok ok thank darling!!!!!

ok let me tell you and these mother fuckers that think they hard but listen let me get my damn point across in ld terms for you ok.. thanks well anyways i never said that i think only blacks voted for Obama because i know some white people did like my daddy and some of my family but the thing about you is your trying to make everybody think that im a stupid white bitch when im not cause your not understanding what the fuck im saying and i know for a damn fact that some of these racist motherfuckers didnt vote for him because of his color and thats what i cant stand because im white and my step dad is black and thats why i think Obama should win because some people not ALL think that blacks shouldnt win anything because they was just slaves back in the day

Guest JJBrickface
ok let me tell you and these mother fuckers that think they hard but listen let me get my damn point across in ld terms for you ok.. thanks well anyways i never said that i think only blacks voted for Obama because i know some white people did like my daddy and some of my family but the thing about you is your trying to make everybody think that im a stupid white bitch when im not cause your not understanding what the fuck im saying and i know for a damn fact that some of these racist motherfuckers didnt vote for him because of his color and thats what i cant stand because im white and my step dad is black and thats why i think Obama should win because some people not ALL think that blacks shouldnt win anything because they was just slaves back in the day

Keepin it gangsta?

There is no merit in quoting any part of those two pathetic posts directly after my last one. Suffice it to say that logic isn't their strong point, whereas I've mentioned that racism is a two-way street ad nauseum. This inherently implies that people voted BOTH for AND against Obama on the basis of his race. And as far as making people think you're stupid, I really don't have to try that hard, do I? You pretty much wear it as a badge of honor...

As a side note, can we ban audg_91 and BB03, please?

Those vulgar, classless posts have to be against the terms and conditions of this site, right?

Edited by UVAObserver

...your not understanding what the f*** im saying and i know for a damn fact that some of these racist motherfuckers didnt vote for him because of his color and thats what i cant stand because im white and my step dad is black and thats why i think Obama should win because some people not ALL think that blacks shouldnt win anything because they was just slaves back in the day

First of all, no one understands what you are saying. Secondly, you just proved Observers point. You said that you think Obama deserved to win because he is black, your step dad is black, and black people were slaves. Good argument!

You so Gangsta, you shout "bang" and hommies drop...

Also,

Punctuation-Poster-C10085510.jpeg

Edited by bluefieldRocks

How would Obama supporters be reacting right now? Most McCain supporters seem to realize that the necessary thing to do is get behind the President elect even if they don't agree with him. Something tells me that if McCain had won it would be a lot different.

Bull Crap...I have heard the most ignorant remarks I have ever heard in my life spewing from the mouths of Republicans for the past couple of days...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I think this sums up a lot of what JJ said in this thread. Unfortunately, somebody decided to make it racial and without punctuation, anyways, here it is.

BTW I love what Limbaugh says in bold, it sums my views up very well.

Is it me? Or have the right been far more sensible and gracious to Barack Obama since his election then the left ever was to George W. Bush when he was elected?

Immediately with Bush, he “stole” the election and he was “selected not elected.” That didn’t go away, even after winning all the recounts, the media recounts, and winning re-election four years later.

Bush has been widely praised for his graciousness during the transition, and McCain’s concession speech was very classy.

But it’s even happening on that evil talk radio. An Ohio paper ran a story about local republicans, where Glenn’s response was mentioned:

With a photo of vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin still sitting atop a meeting room table at Ed Pickens' Cafe on Main, (Richland County Republican Chairman Mark) Arnold urged Republicans to support the incoming administration. He quoted conservative talk show host Glenn Beck from a recent show, in which the Fox commentator chastised a Georgia man who'd called in to say he refused to accept Barack Obama as president.

Explaining that this same attitude caused problems for President George W. Bush in 2000, Beck said, "How very un-American of you. He is the American president. ... this is the way our system works."

It’s not like Glenn is changing any of his ideals—it’s just that their guy won, fair and square. The country is bigger than the party.

Also, Rush Limbaugh said:

"Barack Obama is my president of the United States. I couldn't care less where he was born, what his name is, how old he is, or the color of his skin. He's not black. He's not white. He's not Asian-American or Mexican. He's not Chavez's brother or Islamic. I don't see Americans as members of groups. I see individual human beings. It is his ideas I am terrifically, tremendously worried about."

These are the quotes that don’t make their way into the liberal blogs.

Why is there such a massive difference between the left and the right’s response? My guess is a combination of:

1) The right generally starts with the assumption that this country is good, and it works. We respect it--even when it doesn’t go our way--and we tend to blame ourselves for not being competent before blaming the other side for being unfair. Some of that is a form of personal (and somewhat blind) patriotism, at least for me. This country is bigger than one candidate. The flag wavin’ side of me doesn’t think that Obama could ruin this country even if he tried. The constitution and capitalism won’t let him. (Of course, if he ignores them…) Plus, I refuse to let politicians affect me that much.

2) We really hated the way Bush was treated. He wasn’t given a chance, and we remember that. It pisses us off. Much like Sarah Palin, Bush was viciously attacked from the second he appeared on the national stage---most of the time unfairly. Part of this response (at least for me) is a promise I made to myself years ago—that if Kerry (or now Obama) was elected—they would get a clean slate from me.

So today, I give Barack Obama a 100% approval rating. If and when he screws up, I’ll deduct points. Let’s make it a maximum of 10 points for each individual annoying event. If he does something great—I’ll add points. I’m that kind of guy. Let’s see how long he stays above 50%.

I don’t think Obama will be a good president. But I HOPE for a CHANGE in that opinion. I hope he’s the greatest president in history. I hope the pre-election promises of perfection are realized. I doubt they will be, but I want to at least give him a chance to screw it up before I say he screwed it up.

Regardless, he’ll be my president until he leaves office---even if his nationwide approval rating is zero (which will be impossible unless the on air staff of MSNBC is left out of the sample.)

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

I think this sums up a lot of what JJ said in this thread. Unfortunately, somebody decided to make it racial and without punctuation, anyways, here it is.

BTW I love what Limbaugh says in bold, it sums my views up very well.

Is it me? Or have the right been far more sensible and gracious to Barack Obama since his election then the left ever was to George W. Bush when he was elected?

Immediately with Bush, he “stole†the election and he was “selected not elected.†That didn’t go away, even after winning all the recounts, the media recounts, and winning re-election four years later.

Bush has been widely praised for his graciousness during the transition, and McCain’s concession speech was very classy.

But it’s even happening on that evil talk radio. An Ohio paper ran a story about local republicans, where Glenn’s response was mentioned:

With a photo of vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin still sitting atop a meeting room table at Ed Pickens' Cafe on Main, (Richland County Republican Chairman Mark) Arnold urged Republicans to support the incoming administration. He quoted conservative talk show host Glenn Beck from a recent show, in which the Fox commentator chastised a Georgia man who'd called in to say he refused to accept Barack Obama as president.

Explaining that this same attitude caused problems for President George W. Bush in 2000, Beck said, "How very un-American of you. He is the American president. ... this is the way our system works."

It’s not like Glenn is changing any of his ideals—it’s just that their guy won, fair and square. The country is bigger than the party.

Also, Rush Limbaugh said:

"Barack Obama is my president of the United States. I couldn't care less where he was born, what his name is, how old he is, or the color of his skin. He's not black. He's not white. He's not Asian-American or Mexican. He's not Chavez's brother or Islamic. I don't see Americans as members of groups. I see individual human beings. It is his ideas I am terrifically, tremendously worried about."

These are the quotes that don’t make their way into the liberal blogs.

Why is there such a massive difference between the left and the right’s response? My guess is a combination of:

1) The right generally starts with the assumption that this country is good, and it works. We respect it--even when it doesn’t go our way--and we tend to blame ourselves for not being competent before blaming the other side for being unfair. Some of that is a form of personal (and somewhat blind) patriotism, at least for me. This country is bigger than one candidate. The flag wavin’ side of me doesn’t think that Obama could ruin this country even if he tried. The constitution and capitalism won’t let him. (Of course, if he ignores them…) Plus, I refuse to let politicians affect me that much.

2) We really hated the way Bush was treated. He wasn’t given a chance, and we remember that. It pisses us off. Much like Sarah Palin, Bush was viciously attacked from the second he appeared on the national stage---most of the time unfairly. Part of this response (at least for me) is a promise I made to myself years ago—that if Kerry (or now Obama) was elected—they would get a clean slate from me.

So today, I give Barack Obama a 100% approval rating. If and when he screws up, I’ll deduct points. Let’s make it a maximum of 10 points for each individual annoying event. If he does something great—I’ll add points. I’m that kind of guy. Let’s see how long he stays above 50%.

I don’t think Obama will be a good president. But I HOPE for a CHANGE in that opinion. I hope he’s the greatest president in history. I hope the pre-election promises of perfection are realized. I doubt they will be, but I want to at least give him a chance to screw it up before I say he screwed it up.

Regardless, he’ll be my president until he leaves office---even if his nationwide approval rating is zero (which will be impossible unless the on air staff of MSNBC is left out of the sample.)

Wonderful, terrific post. I subscribe to it.