Beaver vs scott around 2

jimballin12

I think the Skyhaws keep it close. Really, who expects Scott to turn the ball over eleven times again? Also, I've heard some really bad stories from people about going to watch their teams play against Scott in Boone Co. There could be more flags thrown by the officiating crew then footballs thrown by both team's QBs.

I hope the Beavers can come out of there with a win!

I think the Skyhaws keep it close. Really, who expects Scott to turn the ball over eleven times again? Also, I've heard some really bad stories from people about going to watch their teams play against Scott in Boone Co. There could be more flags thrown by the officiating crew then footballs thrown by both team's QBs.

I hope the Beavers can come out of there with a win!

Those were probably regular season games against Scott when they hired the officials and Uncle Jimbo and Jessico were officiating. I think the SSAC will be picking the officials for this one. Beaver by at least two TDs.

Field conditions will make the game a lot closer than the first matchup. It's a possible trap game for Bluefield...

agree, the weather and attitude could make it close, consider tolsia '06 as a prime example, bluefield must prepare hard and focus only on this game.

Jimballin... i think this one will be a good game... Scott is in as well as Bluefield and our beavers just need to 1st have a great week of practice..stay focused and execute the things that they have been taught... It's nothin' like football fridays..bands playin, fans screamin' and the WVSSAC playoffs...

rocks... I was diss''''apointed also... I arrived at that game a lil' early , a friend and myself walked out on it... I lost my shoes twice in that muck. If we ever arrive at another field in that kind of condition I hope that the game is postponed and moved to a different location.

more than the field though bluefield started out strong and went on top by 2 scores or so somewhat quickly but then sort of relaxed and they didn't finish them off and you could tell that tolsia slowly started to believe they could defeat bluefield, especially after they scored before intermission, wacthing the game there as I went on I just had a feeling that tolsia was going to defeat bluefield.

If scott were to defeat bluefield in my opinion with all due respect to them, it would be a legit upset, but upsets happen in football and sports all the time. Sometimes you can point to those upsets before they happen just by looking at factors surrounding the game, for some reason, I have a feeling this could be a close game for a number of reasons, if it's close, then scott will believe they can and it's certainly possible.

Bluefield is the stronger and better team in my opinon, but the better teams don't always finish on top, it will be up to bluefield to practice hard and play their best for 4 quarters and not slack off in this game and all these playoff games, but 1 game at a time.

alot of factors were in play when the Beavs lost to Tolsia... the field, McClanahan goin down, a cpl of crucial dropped passes...if ONE play goes Bluefields way..they win that game! It was a loooong ride back to Blfd that night, thats for sure !

on a side note..this game kinda scares me, i lived in that 'area' for 9 yrs and ive always heard horror stories of playin in Boone county and with the conditions they're expecting..this game has the feel of the Tolsia game. I think the Beavs will win but they better go in there ready to play ball !

alot of factors were in play when the Beavs lost to Tolsia... the field, McClanahan goin down, a cpl of crucial dropped passes...if ONE play goes Bluefields way..they win that game! It was a loooong ride back to Blfd that night, thats for sure !

on a side note..this game kinda scares me, i lived in that 'area' for 9 yrs and ive always heard horror stories of playin in Boone county and with the conditions they're expecting..this game has the feel of the Tolsia game. I think the Beavs will win but they better go in there ready to play ball !

James Monroe played @ Scott this year. As far as I know, we had no problems, although the game was played near the end of September and the field was horrible. It was a dust bowl, so, unless things have changed, and if it were to rain, you may be in the mud. But I don't see the Beavers having any problems if they play their game and stay focused - which I believe they will. Good Luck!

Guest BEAVERTAIL
James Monroe played @ Scott this year. As far as I know, we had no problems, although the game was played near the end of September and the field was horrible. It was a dust bowl, so, unless things have changed, and if it were to rain, you may be in the mud. But I don't see the Beavers having any problems if they play their game and stay focused - which I believe they will. Good Luck!

And here is to JM knocking off Chapmanville. I hope they make it to keyser, then wheeling.

yea i didnt go to the tolsia game but i heard the field was so crappy that bluefield couldnt run or throw the ball. ive been to madison a bunch of times for my work but i have never seen the field so i dont know where it is or anything so if someone knows how to find it on the web let me know.

well i dont think that will happen at scott but i hope not because i want the beavers to make it back upstate again this because coach it will be coach simon's 1st time every winning state back to back and i would like to see that happen so he can make history

Jman---you can find directions on mapquest just by typing in the schools name and you can pull it up...Looks like a little longer travel time, but roads may be better going to Charleston and then going down on 119S...

Jman---you can find directions on mapquest just by typing in the schools name and you can pull it up...Looks like a little longer travel time, but roads may be better going to Charleston and then going down on 119S...

yea i knew how to get to madison ive been there a few times and the way i go is up to exit 44 take rt 33 till it connects with rt 99 over bolt mt. and connects with rt. 85 and go north