Interesting Stat About UVA Football:

Deleted Account

I just read an interesting statistic about UVA football. Virginia has won 13 of the last 14 "Virginia Tech Warm-Up" games. By this, I mean the game directly preceding the Virginia Tech game. This loss occurred in 1997, and I have to say, the result in the Virginia Tech game was pretty favorable: http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/acc/virginia/yearly_results.php?year=1995

In the last 14 Virginia Tech games, Virginia is a crappy 4-9. Throw the Clemson game? ;)

Nah, just found this interesting, though.

UVA should be 3-10 vs. the Hokies...VT gave them one in '98 after blowing a 29-7 lead...that one still turns my stomach...

You mean, this one?

"Touchdown, Ahmad Hawkins!"

Note the utterly bogus, home-cooking call on the TE catch the play before it. The play afterward was PURE GOLD.

10-year anniversary of this game, am I right? Let's rekindle some old flames in 2 1/2 weeks. ;)

Edited by UVAObserver

You mean, this one?

"Touchdown, Ahmad Hawkins!"

Note the utterly bogus, home-cooking call on the TE catch the play before it. The play afterward was PURE GOLD.

10-year anniversary of this game, am I right? Let's rekindle some old flames in 2 1/2 weeks. ;)

UVAObserver, you knew someone would post this clip...........

"HE RAN IT BACK! HE RAN IT BACK!!

LOL, that's right. I graduated with a B.A. in Classics, not physics or engineering. ;)

I was just reading about Ted Turner yesterday and came across this on his Wikipedia page:

"Turner initially majored in Classics. After learning of this, Turner's father wrote him a letter saying that his son's choice of major made him "appalled, even horrified," and that he "almost puked." Turner later changed his major to Economics. Turner was expelled from Brown in 1960 for having an unauthorized female visitor in his dormitory room"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Turner

LOL

UVAObserver, you knew someone would post this clip...........

"HE RAN IT BACK! HE RAN IT BACK!!

Back when VT stormed the field after beating UVA, haha. Now, it's just business as usual.

The 1995 season really stings for a lot of UVA fans. 2 losses by 1 point, 1 loss by 5 points, and 1 loss by 7 points. The closest the Hoos had come to being nationally significant since 1990. One day...

Back when VT stormed the field after beating UVA, haha. Now, it's just business as usual.

The 1995 season really stings for a lot of UVA fans. 2 losses by 1 point, 1 loss by 5 points, and 1 loss by 7 points. The closest the Hoos had come to being nationally significant since 1990. One day...

There was a lot of future NFL players on that UVA team in '95. Jamie Sharper, James Farrior, and the Barber twins. Poindexter probably would had been one if he didn't get hurt his senior season. VT came back to beat a hell of a UVA team in Charlottesville that year.

There was a lot of future NFL players on that UVA team in '95. Jamie Sharper, James Farrior, and the Barber twins. Poindexter probably would had been one if he didn't get hurt his senior season. VT came back to beat a hell of a UVA team in Charlottesville that year.

Poindexter's a sad case, as I think you're right. He was poised for a nice NFL career until that injury. VT's just always been mentally tough under Beamer, and they showed it in '95. I say UVA's 0-482 in big games in their career, and the '95 VT game was a big reason why. Either they can't hold onto a lead, or just don't show up. And it was that way even under Welsh at times.