10/14/05

Lance

Just looking back over the last few years at what's been going on at Grundy...a couple of quick stats jump out....

Grundy's last SWD win was 10/14/05 - 32 - 7 over Abingdon.

OR to put that in to a better perspective: http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=a&year=2005&month=10&day=14&hour=20&min=00&sec=00&p0=179

Not only is that the last SWD win, but it was the last win against a team from VA...over three years without a VA win.

Since that game against Abingdon, Grundy is 4-30 overall...with wins against East Ridge KY (twice), Iaeger WV, and Shelby Valley KY.

In the past 3 years Grundy has scored 28+ points in a game only once...this year 48-6 over East Ridge KY.

I hope the Grundy kids hit the weight room hard this off season...it's the only way things are going to get any better...with the young team they have there is hope...but it will take a lot of hard work in the off season to make anything happen.

You guys that play need to get your friends playing football and get out from behind the Xbox, it will be there when the season is over...Grundy has some big kids and some talented kids that don't play football...we need to get those kids out and playing...and more important right now you all need to get in the weight room and start working out now for next sesaon...football is a year round sport.

Even considering Abingdon was still in the Highlands then, their last true SWD win would be 10/29/04 over Tazewell in that playoff year. I agree, they should have dropped to the BDD or maybe even the LPD if they wanted to keep up their wrestling program.

I'm sure they'll be where they should be when the new realignment surfaces...but that means more of the same until then I'm afraid.

They've become one of those teams you just want to see do well, no matter what.

yeah you are correct on Tazewell being the true last SWD win in 04...but since Abingdon is in the SWD now... I went from that being the last time they beat a SWD team.

my opinion dropping to the BDD does nothing for the football team...you still have the same problem (which is not where you play).

Haha, yeah I figured you knew the SWD/Abingdon situation.. but I thought it was interesting to think the last true SWD win for Grundy was right after the last election with Kerry...

I was thinking the BDD would not improve the football team but maybe give them a chance to win 4-6 games per year and maybe winning, no matter against who, would bring out more kids. Other than salvaging their wrestling program.. why does Grundy choose to stay AA? I guess I'm not real knowledgable about Grundy's situation...

Grundy should have dropped to the BDD when they had the chance. Atleast then they could have had two Virginia wins.

If your referring to TV and Hurley that wouldnt be a lock either..

Hurley is young,very young and getting better as well TV with Tommy Crigger will improve dramatically especially if he can get the kids out...Every school in the county fights the same problem...Numbers..I'm sure every school has beast walking the hall's that would rather play xbox than play sports.Getting them motivated to want to play is the key.

I read something about that it wouldnt help the wrestling at GHS I dont know anything about that but I know it wouldnt keep them from having a team and if the realignment takes place it wouldnt matter about what district your in would it? I'd like to see all 3 county schools play each other.That would be a good gate for all the schools and who knows a rivalry situation between all 3 schools may spark some interest in those kids that should play but dont..

Even considering Abingdon was still in the Highlands then, their last true SWD win would be 10/29/04 over Tazewell in that playoff year. QUOTE]

Sheesh. didnt think it was quite that bad, but yeah, your right. Hope the boys are in the weightroom getting ready for next year instead of goofing off and playing around. I mean, if you work out, you get stronger, if you sit around and do nothing, you get fatter. Which one sounds better huh? lol. Anyways, good luck next year.