Twin Valley Basketball

tvp

Basketball season is upon us and Twin Valley is set to begin the season. What thoughts do you have for the season?

Personally, I think the Panthers will miss Jory Rife's defense but maybe they can fill that gap with defense plus gain a scorer other than Horne, Simpson, and Smith. Who will fill Rife's spot?

carter burnistion... he's quicker than jory.. but not quite the defensive player.. and lacks the 2 year starter experience jory had.. but the only way you can gain experience is of course by playing.. carter really showed himself in the state quarterfinals and if he plays like that every game then i dont see the loss of jory to effect the panthers much..

How is Horne's knee? It must be good since he had such a good year in football. That will really be a boost because we all know he wasn't 100% last year--he played great, but still wasn't himself. Should be fun this year.

yea twin valley is going to have a great season but i don't see them doing as good as they did last season. Plus there is a very improved Hurley team they have to worry about now. Hurley added a lot of depth over this off season and brought a few kids up from j.v. that will really help them out. for instance Tyler and Austin Cooper.

You probably right Hokiepanther. Jory gave you 110% all the time though and that's hard to replace. But still with the people they have coming back you've got to feel good about the Panthers this year. What about Horne, is he back to full speed?

yea twin valley is going to have a great season but i don't see them doing as good as they did last season. Plus there is a very improved Hurley team they have to worry about now. Hurley added a lot of depth over this off season and brought a few kids up from j.v. that will really help them out. for instance Tyler and Austin Cooper.

your INSANE. There is no way Twin Valley dosen't win state this year...and as for JV..JV dont mean Sh*t

haha tell him wavefan.. there is NO WAY... that hurley is gonna have a snowflakes chance in hell against twin valley.. if anyone in the bdd beats them its gonna be honaker.. which i dont see happening either.. and their jv program has nothing to do w/ their performance this year.. but as for the bdd.. 1st TV 2nd Honaker 3rd Hurley and fourth will be a toss up between haysi and council.. sorry rebelman.. maybe next year..

Hurley may not push them this year but in the next 2-3 years Hurley will be in control of the BDD. It's not only going to be the Cooper boys but the entire group that has played together for a while now.

no one cares about JV

Thats just stupid lol.. The JV level plays a huge role in the development of players. This is where kids as 8th graders get their first taste of what real basketball is like. To say it does not mean anything is just retarded. As far as wins and stuff of that nature it is not that important, but as far as development it means a whole hell of a lot.

And as far as Hurley is concerned, this year they are very young, but also very talented. Most likely they will take their lumps this year, but as a suggestion to area teams, they better beat them this year and maybe next. Because with in two years this team will be loaded and will be one of the best teams in the area. Of course this is biased view since I am from Hurley and take it for what it is worth, but these boys are very talented and have one hell of a coach on the sideline with coach Cooper.They have all the ingridients to win, they just have to put them together...

We could continue to talk about JV basketball but how 'bout we get back to the Panthers. Hurley may be good in the next few years but TV is the team to beat this year. Is the exhibition game with Castlewood still on for next week?

yea.. and they scrimmage George Wythe saturday at SwVCC... which will be a test for them.. playing against the defend D2 State champs... and further more.. im with tvp on this one.. the importance of JV basketball has nothing to do with the topic of this post.. but i'll give you hurley boys the fact that you guys may have a chance at the district title after smith and shortridge leave TV next year.. but i dont think you all will be the powerhouse your predicting... i still think honaker will run the BDD when the panther dynasty comes to an end..

I heard about the scrimmage, GW lost a lot (including their coach) but I'm sure they will still be tough. I love the fact that TV is playing so much basketball before the district schedule--barring injuries, they should be rust-free by January!

It's a a shame Twin Valley (Garden) isn't a strong football school anymore I miss those days.

that makes two of us pal... i remember back when garden beat teams like JI Burton... they used to have a really good program here.. and i think coach crigger along with all the lil league coaches are gonna bring the pigskin back to the valley.. i can see the panthers winnin the district.. within 5-6 years.. i could very well be wrong.. but its looking good.. crigger is already looking at the middle school prospects who are coming up on his varsity squad in the next 2 years.. and progess is coming fast.. the panthers played a tough schedule this year resulting in a 1-9 season.. 8 of those 9 losses were to playoff worthy teams...

GW sent there FREAKING GIRLS TEAM.. so the tv boys played swvcc.. beating them 50-48 in a game where every player on the team played an ample amount of time... wasnt really that competitive of a game..

Thanks for the update. Girls Team?! Did they not know? Let us know if anything changes with the Castlewood scrimmage--they'll probably play everybody on the roster wouldn't you think

just wait and see!!! the numbers will be up cause from what I hear they have a coach and staff that is interested in the players!!!! They improved from last year in football. They were 0-10 and this year they were 1-9. They had no where to go but up and I think they will keep climbing if they can keep the coach.