An average night in Downtown Bluefield, WV

BLU

edit: nevermind it wasnt who I thought it was.

Another reason I'm glad i'm out of Bluefield. Childish crap like that...

Northside, A great place to be!...

I don't think that is Northside. That looks like Bland Street right down the hill from Little Caesars, Cole HD, that cemetary right by Union Street, and right in front of where the old Monogram Magic used to be.

But nonetheless, what great publicity for the city of Bluefield. Those don't even look like kids. They look like adults. Very productive citizens might I add.

I don't think that is Northside. That looks like Bland Street right down the hill from Little Caesars, Cole HD, that cemetary right by Union Street, and right in front of where the old Monogram Magic used to be.

But nonetheless, what great publicity for the city of Bluefield. Those don't even look like kids. They look like adults. Very productive citizens might I add.

That is at the Jet mart I think. approx. .3 miles from the great historic South Bluefield....Wonder why everyone is running to the VA side???

I totally agree with this. Man, this reflects SO poorly on these individuals.

People sometimes talk down about rural Appalachia, and most of the time it upsets me. If they do after seeing this, I'll have to shamefully agree.

These sorts are certainly in the minority, but this is disheartening.

I totally agree with this. Man, this reflects SO poorly on these individuals.

People sometimes talk down about rural Appalachia, and most of the time it upsets me. If they do after seeing this, I'll have to shamefully agree.

These sorts are certainly in the minority, but this is disheartening.

But wouldn't you agree that stuff like this happens less in rural Appalachia than in a more metropolitan area?

But wouldn't you agree that stuff like this happens less in rural Appalachia than in a more metropolitan area?

I don't think Observer was limiting this type of behavior to rural Appalachia more so than just talking about the negative light that which it shines on the area, no matter the action.

But you're right, BigBlue. It does look like a scene out of "8-Mile". Gang related places like Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia, etc. It's those guys that are so "hood"...

I don't think Observer was limiting this type of behavior to rural Appalachia more so than just talking about the negative light that which it shines on the area, no matter the action.

But you're right, BigBlue. It does look like a scene out of "8-Mile". Gang related places like Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia, etc. It's those guys that are so "hood"...

Exactly, this is more what I'm hitting at. If my friend from LA saw this, he'd make a snide remark about how backwater we are. And then I'd tell him about LA's "highest crime rate in the U.S." and "gang-related violence".

It just reflects badly on this area, but this is MUCH more common in the cities. Heck, it's much more common near Harrisburg, for that matter.

I knew he wasn't saying that it only happened in rural Appalachia, and I wasn't implying that he would ever think think that it didn't happen more in metropolitan areas. I was just making the point the person that would look down on this area for any reason is probably someone from a more metropolitan area, so in this case they would have no reason to say anything since this would be a much more normal scene in their city.

Exactly, this is more what I'm hitting at. If my friend from LA saw this, he'd make a snide remark about how backwater we are. And then I'd tell him about LA's "highest crime rate in the U.S." and "gang-related violence".

It just reflects badly on this area, but this is MUCH more common in the cities. Heck, it's much more common near Harrisburg, for that matter.

That's exactly what I was getting at. Great minds....

I knew he wasn't saying that it only happened in rural Appalachia, and I wasn't implying that he would ever think think that it didn't happen more in metropolitan areas. I was just making the point the person that would look down on this area for any reason is probably someone from a more metropolitan area, so in this case they would have no reason to say anything since this would be a much more normal scene in their city.

I gotcha. Word up, homie!

Guest JJBrickface

Unfortunately we live in a society where you aren't cool unless you own Scarface on DVD and wear an over sized shirt.

Guest JJBrickface
Well I own Scarface on DVD and have some posters, but anyone who knows me would tell you I hate over sized shirts. I guess i'm halfway cool.

Lol! Thats not too bad. The whole Scarface phenomenon started when every rapper on MTV Cribs had it. It just seems like the whole culture is changing, and I know for sure it has in Bluefield. There are a lot of kids in Bluefield who will NEVER get a good just because of the way they talk and dress. Idiots.