That Wacky ACC

Hacker

Well, what happens now, I wonder?

GT, MIA, VT all should end up at 5-3 in the conference. Miami will show up and beat NCSU this week, I can't see them playing THAT poorly for two weeks in a row. UVA doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell in beating VT in Blacksburg Saturday. This scenario leaves 3 teams at 5-3, all 1-1 against the other two.

In reality, Miami has been eliminated from winning the Division. If VT beats UVA, the Hokies win the Coastal (holds head to head tiebreaker over GT and three-way tiebreaker over GT & Miami). If UVA beat VT, GT wins the Coastal (holds head to head tiebreaker over Miami)...

In reality, Miami has been eliminated from winning the Division. If VT beats UVA, the Hokies win the Coastal (holds head to head tiebreaker over GT and three-way tiebreaker over GT & Miami). If UVA beat VT, GT wins the Coastal (holds head to head tiebreaker over Miami)...

See my post on the top of the page, then.

but since cinci is going to bcs, I was hoping the hokies and eers could play a game in charlotte sounds pretty good to me.

However, with the hokies fortune looks to be going to bcs game themselves with BC's qb going down. Heck I think the Meinke Car bowl match up of wvu/vt would be a better game than the cinci/vt or bc/cinci game. However I understand that little thing about bowl payouts...lol

Guest JJBrickface
If VT and WVU were to play in a bowl game, would the winner also win the Black Diamond Trophy?

I don't think so. If I recall correctly the makers of the Black Diamond trophy possess it.

See my post on the top of the page, then.

Which post? With the way things played out this weekend, only VT and GT have a shot at the Coastal now...doesn't matter what Miami does vs. NCSU...

I don't think so. If I recall correctly the makers of the Black Diamond trophy possess it.

The Black Diamond Trophy was retired after the last game in Morgantown '05. The trophy now sits in the WV Coal Association offices in Charleston, WV. They asked Rish Equipment Company if they would allow it to be retired there and Rish Equipment agreed.