Hokies looking good!....so far

LegendatLegion

I think if they play like they did tonight then they should take cincinatti easily but god knows stinespring will probably call a qb draw on 3rd and 12

VT and the ACC is toooo strong this year and the Bearcats stand no chance in this one...I say vt 24 cats 3

Add those two scores up and you have more people than were at the

Acc championship game today. wow!

Congrats to vt fans another consistent season and acc title.

VT and the ACC is toooo strong this year and the Bearcats stand no chance in this one...I say vt 24 cats 3

Add those two scores up and you have more people than were at the

Acc championship game today. wow!

Congrats to vt fans another consistent season and acc title.

How's that Big East Championship game going tonight??? :eek:

Well considering the ACC Championship game was a 750 mile trip for VT fans and a 1350 mile trip for BC fans, no wonder they couldn't fill more than 1/3 of the stadium, especially with the fact that VT didn't get in the Championship game until last Saturday (kinda late to arrange a trip to Tampa). Once the ACC Championship game is moved to Charlotte, attendance will be MUCH improved.

I think Cincinnati will win. The comment abojut the ACC being strong this year I hope was sarcasm.

It had to have been. I really think Cincinnati's going to win it. VT's record in bowl games has been less than impressive lately. 4-7 in their last 11. VT won the 2005 Gator Bowl, and that's been it since 2003. 1-4 in their last 5, not a very spiffy record. Winless in BCS games this decade, too, and it's not for a lack of getting there.

Cincinnati-21

VT-17

That is, if it's actually Cincinnati/VT.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
It had to have been. I really think Cincinnati's going to win it. VT's record in bowl games has been less than impressive lately. 4-7 in their last 11. VT won the 2005 Gator Bowl, and that's been it since 2003. 1-4 in their last 5, not a very spiffy record. Winless in BCS games this decade, too, and it's not for a lack of getting there.

Sounds like we are due for one!

Cincinnati-21

VT-17

That is, if it's actually Cincinnati/VT.

As much as I want to disagree with you, I am afraid that this may be how the case plays out. I just want you to know that I am honestly hoping you eat a tremendous amount of crow for this prediction! :D

As much as I want to disagree with you, I am afraid that this may be how the case plays out. I just want you to know that I am honestly hoping you eat a tremendous amount of crow for this prediction! :D

For the Hokie contingency here, I wouldn't mind it if it came down to this. ;)

I believe a matchup with Cincinnati is the best shot the Hokies have. If not Cincinnati, then it would be an at large, and those would be: Texas, Alabama, Utah, Boise/OSU. I'd give them about a 5% chance at beating Texas or Alabama, a 10% chance of beating OSU, and about a 25% chance of beating Utah or Boise. I'd put the odds right around 40% for Cincinnati. I can't wait to see the spread for that game, though. I think it'd be around Cincinnati -4.5.

Anybody watch Cincy-Hawaii last night??? Cincy scored 19 points in the 4th quarter to pull out a 29-24 victory...Hawaii pretty much self-destructed in the final period...in post game interview, Cincy's coach was comparing Hawaii to Oklahoma...

Anybody watch Cincy-Hawaii last night??? Cincy scored 19 points in the 4th quarter to pull out a 29-24 victory...Hawaii pretty much self-destructed in the final period...in post game interview, Cincy's coach was comparing Hawaii to Oklahoma...

I'm sure flying 8+ hours the day before that game had nothing to do with it. ;)

If VT plays like they did Saturday in the ACC championship, they will win BIG! Tyrod played probably the best game of his career. Ive said all along, if they keep Glennon off the field VT is very strong with or without the terrible play calling of Stinespring.

Guest JJBrickface

Cincinnatti is a pretty good team. They have good receivers and their quarterbacks are surprisingly good. Their defense is obviously their strong point. Against WVU, their secondary did a great job of making open field tackles. Besides Texas and maybe Texas Tech, they are the only other team to really keep up with Oklahoma.

Besides Texas and maybe Texas Tech, they are the only other team to really keep up with Oklahoma.

Take away a 97-yard kick-off return and a TD on the last play of the game against OU's backups, they lose 52-13...OU put up almost 600 yards of offense on them...

Take away a 97-yard kick-off return and a TD on the last play of the game against OU's backups, they lose 52-13...OU put up almost 600 yards of offense on them...

You brought up a good point. Tech's special teams better show up and be ready to play because Cincinnati has one of the best return men in the nation in Mardy Gilyard. I'm not sure where he ranks now, but I do know for a fact that he was leading the country in returns earlier this season.