Brookville: Not an "I told you so" post

RichlandsAlum

But yesterday was an example of what I meant when I posted earlier that Brookville hadn't been tested this year. When James Monroe came back to take the lead, the Bees simply weren't able to adjust. On the other hand, having lost a game this year already, JM didn't panic when they fell behind early.

Yesterday was a tough day for the Seminole District. But still a great year overall, and the fact that two teams from the district made it to the AA finals is testament to what a great league it is.

Guest nameuser
But yesterday was an example of what I meant when I posted earlier that Brookville hadn't been tested this year. When James Monroe came back to take the lead, the Bees simply weren't able to adjust. On the other hand, having lost a game this year already, JM didn't panic when they fell behind early.

Yesterday was a tough day for the Seminole District. But still a great year overall, and the fact that two teams from the district made it to the AA finals is testament to what a great league it is.

Alum, first of all, you statement about Brookville was made during discussion of the preview to the Bees - Richlands game. Don't try to use that statement at this point because I don't recall you making the same statement the week after. Second, you statement, in my opinon was made in reference to tough games or tough teams, which Brookville had been tested. The game yesterday was much different than that. Brookville did not panic either when they were behind, they kept digging as well. The loss had nothing to do with being "tested", the loss was simply due to the fact that JM had very explosive wide receivers and had more speed than Brookville at those positions. As a matter of fact, Brookville was about 12" away from winning that game. Had that last ball been about 12" higher, it's a TD for Brookville. Bottom line, both teams did all that they could have done to win that ball game, and JM came up with a play, the play, that won it. It was the best High school ball game I have ever seen. It was a game that suited JM better than Bees, a shootout, but let me tell you, the outcome for Brookville was not due to the lack of being tested in the Seminole or throughout the year, it was due to one team making one more play than the other.

Not sure whether you know it or not, but Logan Thomas had a state record setting day as well as the game itself, completing 27 passes out of 45 attempts for 393 yards. In the game, there was 1069 total yards of offense. You don't get those types of numbers unless both teams were tested. If you weren't there you missed a geat one.

The losses by Brookville and Amherst do not discredit the Seminole in any way. I am sure that JF or Heritage would have won Region IV with no problem.

Alum, first of all, you statement about Brookville was made during discussion of the preview to the Bees - Richlands game. Don't try to use that statement at this point because I don't recall you making the same statement the week after. Second, you statement, in my opinon was made in reference to tough games or tough teams, which Brookville had been tested. The game yesterday was much different than that. Brookville did not panic either when they were behind, they kept digging as well. The loss had nothing to do with being "tested", the loss was simply due to the fact that JM had very explosive wide receivers and had more speed than Brookville at those positions. As a matter of fact, Brookville was about 12" away from winning that game. Had that last ball been about 12" higher, it's a TD for Brookville. Bottom line, both teams did all that they could have done to win that ball game, and JM came up with a play, the play, that won it. It was the best High school ball game I have ever seen. It was a game that suited JM better than Bees, a shootout, but let me tell you, the outcome for Brookville was not due to the lack of being tested in the Seminole or throughout the year, it was due to one team making one more play than the other.

Not sure whether you know it or not, but Logan Thomas had a state record setting day as well as the game itself, completing 27 passes out of 45 attempts for 393 yards. In the game, there was 1069 total yards of offense. You don't get those types of numbers unless both teams were tested. If you weren't there you missed a geat one.

The losses by Brookville and Amherst do not discredit the Seminole in any way. I am sure that JF or Heritage would have won Region IV with no problem.

I'm 100% positive that I know my own motives better than anyone else on the face of the planet. Truthfully, I haven't posted much of anything in the last week or so because I've been pretty busy.

My argument has nothing at all to do with talent. At this point in the season, it's reasonable to assume that all teams are excellent.

It's very esoteric at best, but my hypothesis is that great teams emerge in the face of adversity. Brookville didn't face any real adversity until yesterday. And when they did, they lost. Conversely, I think that Brookville's loss against Richlands last season made them that much better against the Blues last week.

And it's obvious that I'm not explaining myself very well, or I have no point at all. So I'll go back to pursuing a life of religious fulfillment for now.

Guest nameuser

hmm, seems like somebody from richlands may still have some hurt feelings???

hmm, seems like somebody from richlands may still have some hurt feelings???

No hurt feelings my way. The Blues had a good season and won the SWD and region again. Brookville and Richlands 1 and 1. Richlands does there talking on the field year in and year out.

5 Regional Championships

5 District Titles

3 State App.

1 State Championship

the Blues do the talking on the field!!!!!!!

Edited by jfuller

Guest nameuser

You're right, heck somebody had to win the SWD and Region IV, it might as well have been Richlands. That's a feat to be proud of, it was a really tough district and region, there's a couple of single A teams out there that wishing they had been in the SWD this year as well.

But getting back to your post about the trash talking - I hadn't heard anyone from Brookville say it was locked up - that's just you making a classless statement. Typical of the RHS fans - I know, I've set in the stands and listened to all the mouth and cussing of your opponents players. so you do more than talk on the field, let's not be "more holy than thow" OK

You're right, heck somebody had to win the SWD and Region IV, it might as well have been Richlands. That's a feat to be proud of, it was a really tough district and region, there's a couple of single A teams out there that wishing they had been in the SWD this year as well.

But getting back to your post about the trash talking - I hadn't heard anyone from Brookville say it was locked up - that's just you making a classless statement. Typical of the RHS fans - I know, I've set in the stands and listened to all the mouth and cussing of your opponents players. so you do more than talk on the field, let's not be "more holy than thow" OK

Actually what I took it as he was talking about was somebody had hacked wikipedia and listed Brookville as the 2008 champ 3 maybe 4 weeks ago, and I think the VHL site had listed them in a place or two as state champs.

As far as those Single A schools wishing, if we get the division change they will have their chance since most will become AA.

Where is anybody trash talking on this thread are you sure your feelings aren't hurt?

Guest nameuser
Actually what I took it as he was talking about was somebody had hacked wikipedia and listed Brookville as the 2008 champ 3 maybe 4 weeks ago, and I think the VHL site had listed them in a place or two as state champs.

As far as those Single A schools wishing, if we get the division change they will have their chance since most will become AA.

Where is anybody trash talking on this thread are you sure your feelings aren't hurt?

Absolutely not, as you can see, I have no negative comments towards anyone or any team, just call it as I see it. mr fuller made the classless comment and I responded as I took it. He should not make himself and RHS look bad by posting negative comments, especially when Richlands does have a great program, that was proved by their improvement throughout the year. But it was obvious that he could not keep his true feelings from showing through, his hurt feelings. The Wikki issue could have been put out there by anyone, so when he says "that is what you get" he was referring to the Bees. Again, it was classless, its that simple. And as far as who was trash talking, no one, until Fuller made his classless statement.

Absolutely not, as you can see, I have no negative comments towards anyone or any team, just call it as I see it. mr fuller made the classless comment and I responded as I took it. He should not make himself and RHS look bad by posting negative comments, especially when Richlands does have a great program, that was proved by their improvement throughout the year. But it was obvious that he could not keep his true feelings from showing through, his hurt feelings. The Wikki issue could have been put out there by anyone, so when he says "that is what you get" he was referring to the Bees. Again, it was classless, its that simple. And as far as who was trash talking, no one, until Fuller made his classless statement.

What are you talking about? There was nothing classless said by Jfuller...he was only stating a fact as well. A lot of people had already given the championship to Brookeville. Many people thought they had already won it before the playoffs started...I think that is what he was referring to. How is that classless?

Guest nameuser
What are you talking about? There was nothing classless said by Jfuller...he was only stating a fact as well. A lot of people had already given the championship to Brookeville. Many people thought they had already won it before the playoffs started...I think that is what he was referring to. How is that classless?

I believe I explained my opinion in the previous thread. But maybe red is blue in richlands today.

I believe I explained my opinion in the previous thread. But maybe red is blue in richlands today.

You may have explained your opinion...but I still disagree that jfuller said anything classless. I think you are miss understanding what he meant by his post.

Guest nameuser
You may have explained your opinion...but I still disagree that jfuller said anything classless. I think you are miss understanding what he meant by his post.

I guess we will agree to disagree.

look on the news they showed brookeville what there state rings was gonna look like so never count your chickens before they hatch, and i never seen anything wrong with fullers statement either. just states the facts is all.

I guess we will agree to disagree.

Hey nameuser, nobody is showing classless acts against anyone. As for Brookville they had a hell of a team but not against JM. You never have the game won until the fat lady sings. When Richlands got beat by Turner Ashby in the state game a couple of years ago, I think they thought they were gonna whipe the field with them like they did with everyone else, and it backfired. The were to relaxed and thought they had the game one, but they learned something from that and its water under the bridge. Never count your deer until there dead. Thats my point. And yes, Brookville 1 and Richlands 1, and they will meet again more that likely.

Guest nameuser

this kinda reminds me of poppin popcorn. Well, you guys are always right and do no wrong. no problem, good luck to ya